SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these today at an old site I detected about 11 years ago. Last time I detected it I was using my first ever detector: Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II. I was very new to detecting and did not know how to work the machine. I got very frustrated with the BH and put it in the closet for many years, then in April 2009 I decided to sell it and I bought a DetectorPro Headhunter PiratePRO. I did not like that detector, seemed cheaply made so I got rid of it and bought the Tesoro Silver Umax. I found a lot of good stuff with the Tesoro but I had to dig everything and dug a lot of nails and scrap iron as well. I sold the Umax last Summer and bought the AT Pro. The AT is the best detector I have owned to date. I have been to many sites that I have not detected in years and I am finding great stuff with the AT Pro!
Found this International Silver Co. fork today. It rang up good at 10 inches, when I first saw it I thought it was solid silver. It has 3 "C"s on the top back. Anybody know if this is a monogram or a company mark? Also found this silver plated bowl. The bowl was crushed together so I un-bent it. Its made of copper and still has some silver around the inside lip. The other object is heavy copper with silverplate or chrome finish. I am not sure what it is. Does anybody out there know what the age of the fork may be?

Thanks for looking! :skullflag:

Attachments

• Feb 1a.jpg
    Feb 1a.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Feb 1b.jpg
    Feb 1b.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Feb 1c.jpg
    Feb 1c.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Feb 1d.jpg
    Feb 1d.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Feb 1e.jpg
    Feb 1e.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Feb 1f.jpg
    Feb 1f.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 3

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds, love the bowl!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a small mortar to grind something. Is it bronze or copper? Cool finds and congrats on the silver, Mike

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Love the fork & bowl! As I make enamel-on-copper jewelry, any groovy patina like on your bowl gets my attention! I agree that maybe it's a mortar. If that bowl was mine, I'd keep a few of my fave marble finds in it just for fun. This week I found a tiny transparent marble that looks silver and red at the same time, hard to describe. Have fun! Andi

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plated object are not a good idea when makes a mortar that gets a lots of hard crushing & scrapping. I have no idea what it is, but the lip around to top suggestions it socketted onto another piece.

OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine suggested that the monogram may be from the Carolina Country Club that us located a few miles down the road from where this was found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread