Silvers # 39 & #40 plus a bonus!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was not going to hunt today because I had a lot of yard work and tomorrow my entire family is coming for Easter so I decided two hours is my limit. I went to a local park that has been hunted hundreds of times and decided to set the E-trac on Manual 30. On my second dig I hit a 1962-D Rosie at 8 inches. :icon_thumright: Then I dug a couple of clad coins and slowly worked my way towards the back of the park. I was just about to turn back towards the grassy area when my E-Trac went crazy. It was showing 12 inches and screaming like a horror movie. :director: I started to dig and at 4 inches I hit gravel. :BangHead: I used my probe and I got nothing. ??? I decided to dig thru the gravel and see what happens. At 8 inches I hit dirt again and the probe began to scream. Now I was getting excited! :headbang: I dug two more inches and I saw silver. I reached down and pulled out a 1903-S Barber quarter, my 40th silver for 2012! It was beautiful and I thought that was it. But I was wrong!!!:dontknow: The probe was still screaming! I dug down two more inches and as I raised my Lesche I saw something round and the size of a half dollar. To make a long story short it turned out to be an 1863 English Queen Victoria large cent. My oldest coin to date. What it was doing two inches below a 1903 Barber quarter, I have no idea. I guess that is why I love this hobby. :love4: Happy hunting to all!

Last edited:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
boy oh boy fred once you got the hang of thhat e trac there is no stopping you now i suppose the lessons will hav a price increase well anyway congrats on a great hunt iwould like to see that old one sometime i bet it got the old ticker pumping dennis

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW,congrats and by rate your going,Ill bet you'll hit the 100 mark by end of summer:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread