Silvers #46 & #47 + a Bonus!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today for a couple hours with Marinedad and I had a good day. Set the E-Trac on Manual sensitivity and decided to go deep. Only got 12 coins today but my first dig was a screaming 12-47 at 8 inches. I flipped the plug and there it was. A quarter sized silver edge was gleaming. A 1902-O Barber quarter. :headbang:What a way to start the day! I worked my way around the Barber and hit another old Wheatie but no more silver in that area. About an hour later I got a jumpy 12-45, 12-46, 12-47 at 12 inches. I wasn't sure if I should dig because sometimes it is a deep rusty nail but I decided to go for it. My entire Lesche digger (11.5 inches) was in the hole and my probe was still screaming. I flipped the bottom of the hole over and there it was. A shiny 1941 Washington quarter. :hello2: I had about a half hour left to hunt so I decided to try a different area. I hit a 12-38 and thought I was going to dig up another penny but when I flipped the 4 inch plug I saw a gold chain. It ended up being 18 inches long with a sterling silver pendant attached. Very nice! :icon_thumleft: All in all a very productive day. Happy hunting to all! :occasion14:

Last edited:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
congrats on all your finds i like the fact you got the chain i wonder if it was the silver or the gold that gave you the signal dennis

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Geez I can't wait to see how you do when you get more than a couple hours one of these days! Nice finds!

OP
OP
amxfred

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez I can't wait to see how you do when you get more than a couple hours one of these days! Nice finds!

Yes I can't wait either. I am still working fulltime for the next three and a half years but being a financial advisor does allow me the flexibility to take a couple hours here and there. If I was retired and hunting every day who knows how many silvers I would have. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread