Simple Silver Calculator

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I created a Google Spreadsheet that calculates total oz of silver for US and Canadian coins. It includes
  • dimes
  • war nickels
  • 40% halves
  • 90% halves
  • quarters
  • dollars
  • 40% dollars
  • Canadian 80% dimes
  • Canadian 50% dimes
  • Canadian 80% quarters
  • Canadian 50% quarters
  • Canadian halves (80%)

This pretty much covers most of what you might commonly find CHRing and in teller trays, I think.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai6bDDxEoCnddFRTdDU4bWJsV2RyRzJpbE9mdzc4V3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

Feel free to download, modify to your liking, and use. (Pro tip: On my own version, I duplicate the tab for each week and have a summary tab that tallies up all my weekly totals.)

Let me know what you think!

(Apologies if this is duplicative. I just now searched and saw that there are at least a few old threads on this topic, but I'm not sure if anyone has come up with something like this where you can download and modify a spreadsheet.)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've made a few edits to make it hopefully simpler to look at and use. Just download (or make a copy in Google Docs), then enter quantities in your working copy - the totals will update automatically.

OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there's some online ones, but I figured it would be nice to have one each CRHer could download, customize, and use to keep a running tally.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Uh oh! You getting the spreadsheet fever now jamesandsons?? It's fun to play around with...yours looks pretty good. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh oh! You getting the spreadsheet fever now jamesandsons?? It's fun to play around with...yours looks pretty good. :icon_thumright:

I set it up a few weeks ago for my own uses, and just decided today that it might be of use to others.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah my bad, I didnt realize it was to also keep track of your finds in spreadsheet format... Thats pretty sweet!

HH

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing this James! I created a spreadsheet a couple weeks ago, but I don't know how to do all the fancy automatic calculations.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just tried it out, works great. added ASE and others and they work just fine. Thanks a million and may all your boxes have silver. LP

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love spreadsheets and that spreadsheet is awesome!
Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread