Simple Things

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Just got back from a pasture field, signals were sparse. Knew they would be, hunted this field before. The few finds that did turn up, were lost by common people, not the rich. These finds I think, are true history. A crotal bell, nice and complete, lost from a plough horse. A simple patterned button, and a nice small livery button. Livery buttons were worn, on the uniforms of servants. As I said, all lost by common people, probably the only record they have left behind. Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_8353.JPG
    IMG_8353.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8354.JPG
    IMG_8354.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 13

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! I appreciate History
I have display cases for my coins and relics My ring case has been assaulted by the wife and kids ask my new water heater. There isn't lots of History here in Ann Arbor it was founded in 1824 not very populated till much later. I have foung a WW2 hat pin in a park how it got there? a 1906 Jamestown exposition coin which was made by the mint it says patato machinery co on the back,also an old opium pipe from 1900s with designs on it made of brass took a whiloe to figure out what it was. Great to be out in the nature and treasure hunt Good Job thanks for sharing your finds!!!!!!!!

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt. I find interest in those simple finds that paint a picture of who or what was at a certain location in the past.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got back from a pasture field, signals were sparse. Knew they would be, hunted this field before. The few finds that did turn up, were lost by common people, not the rich. These finds I think, are true history. A crotal bell, nice and complete, lost from a plough horse. A simple patterned button, and a nice small livery button. Livery buttons were worn, on the uniforms of servants. As I said, all lost by common people, probably the only record they have left behind. Robert.

So true. And that's part of what makes metal detecting so appealing: To find relics like those brings the history of the town into focus, let's us touch the long-forgotten past lives of our forebears, and reminds how sweet and brief life really is... congrats on those nice finds.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
So true. And that's part of what makes metal detecting so appealing: To find relics like those brings the history of the town into focus, let's us touch the long-forgotten past lives of our forebears, and reminds how sweet and brief life really is... congrats on those nice finds.
Very well put.:thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a nice Livery, as they go. The other button is 17th C, also nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread