since cleaning- needle goes all way to right?

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.. Guess I maybe got another 'parts' machine to go with my other parts machine. I posted on it having no sound. I decided to spray all the plugs,circut board with electronic spray to see if that would help- still no sound and now needle goes all the way to the right as soon as I turn on power. This is a old garrett TR 2D wide scan. I have also a vintage garrett coin hunter that is my other parts machine. BUT- on a good note.. $50 bought me yesterday another garrett coin hunter of same vintage plus a whites coin master (needs battery holders as they are both broke)- so question is: use the garrett in question for a parts machine now or pay the cost to have garrett get it fixed (if they can)?

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch. Talk to Garrett yet about the first machine?

I'm not sure of your electronics background but if you like to tinker and your not worried about having a working unit I'd just find some battery holders for the whites so your young one and you can go have some fun and when your inclined to you can have some fun trying to cobble a unit out of two with the garrets. You don't say if the other garrett unit you bought works~ if it does you can use it as a Chinese blue print and maybe fix the first.... then ebay one and get something back for it :) Other wise I'd just get it repaired, if possible, or donate it to someone who wants the challenge of fixing it.
Heck your young'un may want to take a try at fixing it~ I started young out of my own curiosity and my dads amusement watching me tear apart components... then came the 100 in 1 electronic kit from Radio Shack... now I work on aircraft ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread