since torn down farm house behind power station?

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Near my home there is a power station. On the edge not inside it, but not more than maybe 100 yards or less on the outside of the fence, was an old chicken farm torn down to build the station. I am using a GTI 2500 is there any chance at all for succesful searching or is that way to close to even attempt it?

If possible any suggestions on strategies to approach a situation like that? Or is it simply an adjust the sensitivity level and hope for the best?

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
have you tried there, and are getting all sorts of electrical cross-talk interference? I mean, have you tried detecting it already, and encountered some sort of problem?

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I just have a very good list of sites this year. I have never attempted hunting so close to a power station and did not know if it was a lost cause or worth a shot. I don't want to waste a good day away from a good spot if there is no chance of the detector working correctly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread