Since we cant dig, thought Id share some coins with you!

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we can't dig, thought I'd share some coins with you!

Hello everyone! Since the ground here is too darn frozen to dig right now, thought I'd share some coins I recently picked up. I got them from a friend who was only looking to dump them. Chances are, if I hadn't told them what they were worth, they may have just traded them in at face value!

I looked up the price for each one, and paid them according to what the Red Book said. Figured it was only fair, AND.. I figured that I was still getting a bargain since most dealers would have had these at a marked up price.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Walker 1917 - Compressed.jpg
    Walker 1917 - Compressed.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Kennedy 1969 - 4 - Compressed.jpg
    Kennedy 1969 - 4 - Compressed.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Kennedy 1968 Compressed.jpg
    Kennedy 1968 Compressed.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Kennedy 1966 Compressed.jpg
    Kennedy 1966 Compressed.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Kennedy 1964 Compressed.jpg
    Kennedy 1964 Compressed.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Standing Liberty Unknown Date Compressed.jpg
    Standing Liberty Unknown Date Compressed.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Franklin 1952 Compressed.jpg
    Franklin 1952 Compressed.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Franklin 1950 Compressed.jpg
    Franklin 1950 Compressed.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Franklin 1949 Compressed.jpg
    Franklin 1949 Compressed.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Walker 1945 Compressed.jpg
    Walker 1945 Compressed.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Walker 1942 - Compressed.jpg
    Walker 1942 - Compressed.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 213
S

seger98

Re: Since we can't dig, thought I'd share some coins with you!

You got some nice coins there! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for your comments. You know.. I never thought to look closely at the back to try to determine. I only looked at the obverse for the bare breast.

I turned it over, and lookie what I see!

Attachments

• Standing Liberty Reverse New PIc.jpg
    Standing Liberty Reverse New PIc.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 190

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you got them for for less than fifty bucks you probably did OK, no better way to spend cold winter days than with a coin collection!

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You could have went buy the Blue Book of dealers buying prices,and gave MORE than a dealer would have gave him...........If you still felt guilty,you could have tacked on an extra 10%, to further ease your conscience..........................Have you ever tried to sell a coin at Red Book Price ?
Get yourself a blue book........If you buy coins from a private party at the current Blue Book Price.......,,,,,at say a 1942 for $2.50....in the 2008 Blue book.............A dealer would not give $2.50 for that same coin till the book is 5-10 years old.............They ALWAYS want you to buy the Red Book when you walk in to a coin shop................................That way when you look at a Rare Coin.....................You don't get sticker shock when they try to sell you that 1916d merc for $8,000,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and tell you they will take $7890.........for it but only for YOU because You have been a loyal customer......Making you think you are getting a fabulous deal.............When in actuality..........4 months earlier they may have only paid $2,600 for it.........total net for dealer $6,290.....for finders fee,4 months storage and HYPE......(( & Higher than Bankers interest fees))
All because they got you to believe that Red Book,,,,is the Price they all sell for.....
...................We have all herd it said.............An item is only worth what someone will give you for it....
.................Gasoline...........any where from $2 - $10 per gallon,,,,,,and we would pay for it....................
Water ?????? Get the public to beleive it is THE healthy alternative,,,,,and they will buy it buy the pint ,quart,and gallon,,,,,when they can get the same from their tap...........Get coin collectors to beleive the price is going up for older coins..................They will pay you $.42 for a silver dime (for melt down),,and they put it in their counter for $3.99.........AND WILL SELL IT !!!!
Sorry for the rant..........I just get upset that the Coin Dealers get everyone so Brain Washed........
Sorry Again.............They are some Nice Coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread