Single rod vs. double rods

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
So what is the main difference between using a single rod (like the RLR) and using two rods besides the fact that two rods will cross to indicate a signal? How do you locate things with a single rod? Do you watch the end and use it like a compass, letting it point you on where to go? Or do you watch if for wild movements and stop in that spot?

Can anyone provide info/theory on when you'd want to use each? Are there dowsers who believe that one type doesn't work for whatever reason?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I think one rod or two rods is a personal preference. My dowsing methods are set up for using two rods. For me two rods are easier and faster to locate, follow, mark the target and dig it. I can use one rod but have trouble following it to the target. It may just be a lack of practice so I stick with what I know works for me.
I am a physical dowser and can only pick up the signal when I am North, South, East or West of it so two rods are the best for me….Art

OP
OP
J

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Hmmm... interesting stuff. I'm currently using two rods but what I've noticed is that they don't really cross until I'm directly over the target. But they do usually cross and it is pretty exact. However, if I've got to walk directly over the target to find it then it isn't much good to me. I'd be better off using a metal detector as I know that it is more exact and more reliable. So using one rod might be more what I'm looking for to narrow down the search area and then use a metal detector to pinpoint the exact target.

I'll have to do some more practicing to see what works best for me. Thanks again for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread