Sittin pretty after a 15 minute hunt!

Mike Moutray

Nov 18, 2007
St. Louis, MO. / Naples, FL.
Detector(s) used
Explorer2/Excalibur
Sittin' pretty after a 15 minute hunt!

Work was slow today, so I took an extended lunch break to head to one of the local ghetto parks. I hadn't hunted in almost a month, so I had the itch to dig something old.... I tried my luck at a beat to death, iron-infested spot that had given up many seated coins over the years. Within 5 minutes I had a nice deep hit that definitely wasn't iron and about 8 inches down out pops a nice 1881 Indian Cent! Not long after digging a couple very deep nails that were iffy signals, I get a strange signal that bounced around. It liked the pulltab range but on one side it turned into a faint, but sweet sounding silver tone. I dug down and about 4 inches deep out comes a small pulltab. Resweeping the hole, that deep sweet silver hit was still there... ;D ;D ;D I dug down and over a few more inches and pretty soon my X-1 probe was singing out loud and clear on a dime hit! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I had never dug any silver in this spot that wasn't seated, so I had a darn good idea what I had coming before I even got it out of the ground. Soon I had a clump of dirt with that silver edge sticking out and was graced with Miss Liberty resting on her plump rear when I popped it open! This sure was better than spending lunch time stuffing myself with greasy fast food!

Take care and HH, Mike.

15jul08finds.JPG

Upvote 0

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Re: Sittin' pretty after a 15 minute hunt!

Sweet finds especially coming from the iron infested spots!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions