Six hunts in Florida...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
No picture because its clad and didn't take the time to take one. Found a total of 178 coins totaling $16.68. Found a small silver toe ring and no gold. Used my Ace 250 even tho I took along my Explorer 2. Didn't hunt the water either. I just ended up spending most of the time with family and a total of seven hours detecting during the week. Planning on heading back next year with a water detector and see what happens! Most of the zinc cents were toast as most know. Coin count ended this way:
47 quarters
30 dimes
23 nickels
78 cents

Had fun and next time will spend more time swinging, but my daughter will be 4 then and she comes first!

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good coin count for seven hours. I know what you mean about your daughter comes first. I took my detector to Florida several times and only used it a few minutes at a time. Have a good one.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
DANGLANGLEY said:
Good coin count for seven hours.

Not too hard to do when you find pockets of change and when I lived in Va beach for three years I had better numbers during peak tourist season. Have to get in the water next time, if my daughter allows it!

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 & Garrett Ace 250
That was a nice haul for a few minutes in the sun!!

Now you have me daydreaming because I am going to Destin, Fl on vacation in 2 weeks! I've never searched on the beach with my Ace 250. I know I need to stay in dry sand from what I hear but I am looking forward to taking the kids "treasure hunting" at the beach!

R

RUDY2003

Nice pile of coins Jack!
I hear beach huntin' can be hard unless you go in the wet stuff

Keep safe....

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
RUDY2003 said:
Nice pile of coins Jack!
I hear beach huntin' can be hard unless you go in the wet stuff

The bad thing about beach hunting for me was the walking in the sand, it do wear you out unless your used to it. The wet stuff is where you find most of the gold and dry sand for me has seldom given up gold. Found very little gold on dry sand in the three years I lived in Va Beach, but friends who water hunted had much more success with gold!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHHHHH....the beach....every day at the beach has to be a good day. Sounds like you had lots of fun, Jack!! Congrats! Nana :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of clad Jack. :)
I agree,there is more gold to be found in the water.But I have found several pieces in the dry sand this past year,along with some silver too,down here in Hollywood.
Reasons more found in water? ???-Water causes shrinkage :o ;D,combine that with the wave action and activities like swimming etc. your bound to lose more jewelry in the water versus out of it.
I need to get a good water detector myself,if not for anything else but to keep cooled off while detecting during the summer months,and spring and fall too for that matter.It's just too darned hot down here most of the time.
Glad you had fun and good luck to ya up in Indiana.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread