Six old Marbles

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all,
Thank you for viewing this thread.
I know nothing of Marbles, but that all except # 5 feel like stone. Number 2 was found in the yard of an 1901 house has a small hole in it and the marble is not round. Number 3 is possibly painted, and 3 and 4 came from a civil war fort. Number 5 is a crystal like material maybe glass. If anyone can contribute some knowledge it would be greatly appreciated. best, IMAG0882 (2)_edited-2.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hello Alabama11!

#5 is an old glass machine made marble from the 1930s or so. Looks like it was possibly made by the Peltier glass company. The others are clay/pottery/porcelain. #3 is called a decorated china and the pattern is called bullseye. All ranging from probably 80 up to 120 years old. Good finds, thanks for posting them!

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Those are great finds! I can't for the life of me find one! Any one looks like a missing link in a display case. Very jealous :{

OP
OP
alabama11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cheese,
Thanks for the information on the old marbles.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I know nothing about them but I've always loved old marbles.
I bought a bag of about 100 old marbles from a guy in his 90's who had them since he was about 4-5 years old. That was maybe 20 years ago. I gave them to my son when he was about 7. I've been told they may be worth a few pesos to the right collector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread