Skimresources ... ATTENTION ADMINISTRATORS!!!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Before anyone gets the idea that I think TNET is the source of this cookie, let me state clearly:

I DO NOT KNOW THE SOURCE, except that I pick it up each time I visit Tnet.

IT IS MOST LIKELY BEING USED BY ONE OR MORE (actually loads 3 cookies for skimresources.com) ADVERTISERS HERE.

Why is that of any concern? Skimresources.com is a KNOWN MALWARE SITE! It is associated with several nasty downloader viruses and quite a few trojans.

After the "anniversary update" of windows 10, while cleaning up the problems from its dropping of a few pieces of hardware on my system, as well as overwriting my graphics drivers, I found an error in my system logs where my computer tries to log on to "t.skimresources.com" DURING STARTUP!

There is a definite problem if you have cookie that is used for tracking you from the time they start their computer.

Of all the sites I frequent, this is the only one (yeah, I cleaned those cookies out and went to each and every site in my bookmarks and checked after EACH ONE) that loads this cookie.

Perhaps you need to check with your advertisers and see who is loading this malicious bit of code. As it was loaded onto my computer, it acts as a "redirect". What is that?

Well, no matter where I go to, my browser requests must pass through skimresources.com before I get where I want to go.

Please find out who is spying on your members and put a stop to it.

Thanks.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah, let's get on this. I'm soooooo tired of all the scams.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread