Skunk Adit of the Queen of Spades Mine

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I mentioned in the other thread, we didn't make it to the 467 mine. What looks like decent terrain on GE and on the overflight of the Phantom is ugly as sin up close and in person. The more we look at it, the more likely there are going to be some great artifacts in it. Human nature and gold will make you break your back packing in equipment to develop a mine. Once you've been shut down by the gov't like in '42 or the returns start to diminish, the impetus to pack it all back out again drops to zero.

So on our return trip down the mountain, we checked out this adit. The opening is barely big enough for a person to squeeze through and another 5-10 years of erosion would've closed her up for good.

There was a skunk in there at one time, but he/she wasn't home today.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Sample from the Upper Skunk Adit which is completely collapsed in.

received_10211708449617342.jpeg

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Did the MD-20 detector help find this sample?
Thanks

Not at all. This sample was taken based on the visual appearance of it.

The more we work with detectors the more we don't work with them. I'm giving pretty serious consideration to selling my ATX. We've had samples in excess of 5 opt that barely made a detector squeak.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not at all. This sample was taken based on the visual appearance of it.

The more we work with detectors the more we don't work with them. I'm giving pretty serious consideration to selling my ATX. We've had samples in excess of 5 opt that barely made a detector squeak.
Nothing better then the eyes. Metal detectors can work differently in a mining tunnel by the way. Try not to use any auto tracking or auto anything as well.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for gold like that a Gold Bug 2 would be the best choice.

PI isn't the best for lode gold that is fine and spongy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions