SKUNK LOG

The Mercury Man

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
I've had a bad 12 BOX SKUNK FEST. I know people go through much worse skunk streaks and maybe I'm being a noob baby but here's how I feel:

I special ordered 300lbs of coins that I lugged home and opened with no exciting moments. My hands are filthy and no silver.

I have the dreaded dump days where I need a teller to clean the machine and change bags (500 count) by my side. My hands are filthy and still no silver.

Im interested to know what peoples longest skynk streaks are and what to do to get through these skunky times?

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skunked.gif
Ah, the fun of the hunt The Mercury Man.
killingme.gif

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure my longest skunk streak was two weeks ago. I think it was 8 or 9 boxes in a row. If I was consistently having long skunk streaks, I would try to mix things up a bit. Change armored car services, order from branches that get deliveries on different days of the week, or change volume either up or down. If you are from an area where there are other hunters that are consistently getting finds there's some reason that they are finding silver and you are not, so try other things until your results change. I know a lot of people here just keep plowing through the skunk boxes, but that isn't how I would approach it.

Keep at it and you will start finding silver again.

OP
OP
The Mercury Man

The Mercury Man

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
Thanks for the advice. I have only ordered from Cap One so far so maybe I'll give another buy bank a try.

The worst part is my first order ever from Cap One was a Silver Jackpot.

I pulled 30 -64 Kens
And 35 40%ers

I was so pumped and then it's been SKUNK CITY. I keep thinking back to those first 2 boxes. Enders everywhere! I had one roll that produced 4 64s and 2 40%! I just want to see that silver line in a roll or two and I'll keep going.

I think I'm going to sell my first finds and get a detector.

What does everyone do with their finds. Stack or sell. I'm thinking most people stack but if it for a good cause like a detector I see it as keeping it with the overall hobby.

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
Considering your finds in the first two boxes, your averages are still amazing. 65 silver coins in 14 boxes is pretty good!

What keeps me going is finding the occasional boxes like your first two. I don't mind going through some skunks to find a pile of silver.

OP
OP
The Mercury Man

The Mercury Man

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
Good point! I'm going to keep trucking along but i think I'm going to tone my weekly volume down to 2 boxes. Thanks for the replies guys! Keep your skunk stories coming!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is at 52 right now- sucks big time but I wont quit

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
53 54 55 all skunks
Got 5 more today. Please dont hit the big 60

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 64 and counting

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm at a #65 box skunky streak at the moment......:censored: Me and Iamrussell are racing to the finish in Skunksville. As I said in another forum. It feels like getting punched in the face by Chuck.

chuckpunch1.gif

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit boxes 71 72 73 74 yesterday- these where all a new courier, was hoping for diferent results :-(

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit boxes 71 72 73 74 yesterday- these where all a new courier, was hoping for diferent results :-(

Head up lamrussell. We will break this :censored: skunk streak soon. I'm back from vacation tomorrow and have decided to hit those boxes hard. I just can't believe that we can be so skunky and I read these other posts around with guys from all over this fine country getting good AG % from their boxes. It must be that our areas have been scoured before from other CRH's before we started. I just don't know.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Head up lamrussell. We will break this :censored: skunk streak soon. I'm back from vacation tomorrow and have decided to hit those boxes hard. I just can't believe that we can be so skunky and I read these other posts around with guys from all over this fine country getting good AG % from their boxes. It must be that our areas have been scoured before from other CRH's before we started. I just don't know.

I know my area had some heavy hitters a while ago not sure about recently-
Boxes 75 76 77
Except I think I found a gold plated 1993 not sure how to find out for sure if it is but still no AG :(

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
81 strong :-(

Iamrussell

Bronze Member