Skunk over on halves

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Not the best pull I have ever had with halves but I am sure not complaining about it.

Box 1 started off really slow with nothing but a single 40% in the first half, I was happy as I didnt get skunked. The second half fared better, ending up with 1/90% and 9/40%

Box 2 started off with a bang, ender right on top and I started with it, it ended even better than box 1. 2/90% and 6/40%

Box 3 did well as well, it was constantly coughing up something every row. 3/90% and 10/40%

Box 4 I was expecting a near record box with the way things were going but it didnt end up that way. Not until the last 7 rolls did something turn up, only 2/40%

Ended up with 6/90% and 27/40% in 4 Boxes.

Over all I was 5.5 oz away from my goal for the month and I smashed that with 6.16 oz. I did $310 in Customer Wrapped dimes, nothing found, which is surprising for the bank that I use, I almost always get something from them.

Tomorrow I have 4 more boxes from the same branch to do so I am hoping to get ahead with on my goals for next month which are 16 oz total. I also have 2 String Boxes due tomorrow along with whatever CWR's I can muster.

Sadly, I found out my local branch only orders every 2 weeks so I guess I need to fill in those 4 boxes with another branch or two.

I need more CRH money :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Round 2 of the CRH week, last day for me this week didnt go too bad.

The boxes started off like a continuation of the 4 from yesterday.

Bank 1 Box 1 : 8x40%, 1x64 and 1 Franklin
Bank 1 Box 2: 1x40%

Bank 2 Box 1: 1x40% 3x64
Bank 2 Box 1: 3x40% 1x45 Walker

I was pretty happy, not a bad pull from the boxes and plenty of 90% love. I am planning on having those banks order me 3 boxes next week.

Bank 3 Box 1: Skunk
Bank 3 box 2: Skunk

Up to 4 skunks in a row with String Halves. Came across another CRH'rs mark on plenty of the coins, some enders, some middlers all skunkers :D

Still not bad for 10 boxes.

40/40% and 12/40%

I also did some CRW Dimes, Nickels and quarters, not much all skunked.

It was funny though, the teller at one bank 1 asked if I found anything last week and I said yes, she was surprised because the Brinks Driver said all the silver has been taken out long ago from the coins. I laughed as said, oh I thought you meant error coins, I found plenty of those but I found no silver. :laughing7:

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, my week aint over yet, I still have a bag of dimes to pick up tomorrow to search.

Went one an auction today. 1 Peace dollar, 5 Mercs, 5 Rosies , 5 Washington quarters. First started off with the Rosies, I bid up to $2.70 and took one, hoping the rebid I could get the other 4 under melt.. failed. The other 4 went for $3 ea. I ended up sucking up a 13 cent premium lol. Was worth a shot.

Then came the mercs, sold for $6 ea. I didnt touch a single one.

Then the quarters, $7 ea. Didnt touch those either

The Peace Dollar, Went for over $60!

I think I need to auction off my merc and my dollars!

Oh well....

Then came a Credit Suisse 10g Bullion Bar. Started the bid out at $2... $5 another guy responds, $10 I reply back, $20, $25, and a new guy comes in with $30, I come back with $100 to scare him, he comes back with $110, I say $150 and the crowd gasped.. seriously, they gasped! I guess they didnt understand what 10g of gold really costs. He comes back at $160 and I say $200. He bids $225, I say $250, he says $260 I say $300 still trying to get him to stop by bidding it up with a large increment. He bids $350, hoping to get me to stop and I say $400.... Going once, Going twice... SOLD!

Todays Market Price, $572

Over all, I was the only winner, had that guy not been there though, I would have walked away with it for $25.. the --deleted--. We had a laugh over it though. Proof sets ended up going for $8 to $13. Insane prices.

So.. $402.70 I got 10g of gold and 0.0723 worth of silver.

Hopefully tomorrows bag produces 2 rosies, I could than finally finish off my 9th roll of silver dimes.

I would have a picture of the bar but for some reason my phone doesnt want to connect to my computer right now... I guess they are upset with each other and giving the silent treatment. :laughing7:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like your doing good. And I like the drama of a gasping auction crowd.

I wish I could start getting some decent boxes again like you got this week - but I've had an amazing month with cwr's so I sure can't complain.

Good luck with your bag tomorrow.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, today ends the week.

Dimes, $95 worth of CWR's netted a single rosie.

$94 worth of CWR Nickels netted a single 43 P War Nickel. 34 more to go to a full roll :D

Anything I get from the auction tomorrow, if I get anything, will go towards next weeks total. I doubt I will buy anything as everything seems to go way too expensive at this auction house.

Next week is going to be low volume. 3 brinks halves and some CWR's, 2 string halves and 3 brinks halves. If I could somehow manage 11 oz next week I would be quite pleased but I would be pleased with just 4.

And finally my computer and phone stopped fighting with each other. It aint a pretty bar but its a bar none the less. First bar of any PM I have ever owned.

IMAG0605.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
well it seems like you got a good deal on the gold bar. Is that the best deal you've ever got at the auction house?

good luck tomorrow.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace said:
well it seems like you got a good deal on the gold bar. Is that the best deal you've ever got at the auction house?

good luck tomorrow.

On the bar I paid 69% of value.

My best buys have been

29 dimes, 19 quarters and 2 halves. paid $82.50 at the time, they were worth $218.88, I paid 37.69% of full price

Bought 2 sterling bowls, a creamer and sugar bowl. Paid $20, came out to 5.67 oz of silver. $157.88 total, paid 12.67% of total price.

I also bought a 64 Kennedy half paper weight for $1 once.

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
sounds like some really good deals. I may have to find out if there are any auction places near me that are selling coins. Then again it's hard to beat getting silver @ face. But I'd sure be interested if I could get some good deals like you've had.

Good luck today if your going back to there again.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace said:
sounds like some really good deals. I may have to find out if there are any auction places near me that are selling coins. Then again it's hard to beat getting silver @ face. But I'd sure be interested if I could get some good deals like you've had.

Good luck today if your going back to there again.

I am going to a different auction today. They have coins but also household stuff. Sometimes you find jewelry etc there.

As for deals, they are hit and miss. I have picked up Silver Quarters for $1 ea one weekend and then the next, they go for $7 ea. There is no rhyme or reason. I see the prices of silver coins going up at auctions as the prices rise again. I really wish the prices would stay low, people were losing their interest in the coins but now its gaining popularity here. Its a good thing to live in a small community surrounded by small communities though, it makes the competition a little less fierce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread