Skunk to score

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SHORT STORY
first 249$ dump, machine shorted me 40$. second 246.5$ dump machine gave me 35$ more. Last dump 498$ was on the dot, walked about of the bank with 2, 1964 quarter, 1, 1964 Rosie, costing me 50 cent.

Picture below.

LONG STORY
My last box of halves was a skunk, so today i went to dump 1000$ in halves. At the first bank, it was very busy and i had to wait a little bit for the person who made the first dump that filled the machine. CSR, came to change out a bag, and asked who else have coins to dump. I had some pennies and 249$ in halves. the CSR, told me to dump them all into the feed slot, in went the pennies then the halves. When the ticket came out i was shocked. I was short 40$!!!!! went to cash it with the teller, and told them that the machine shorted me 40$. She said something about, when they send the coins off to be counted and if there is a difference, they'll credit my account. Like they would do with a error in ATM withdraw. *Fingers crossed*.
Went to another bank for the next dump of 246.50$, some how after everything was done the teller who came to help me change bags told me it was 282.50$ I was shocked again, He handed me the ticket and i went to cash out. Someone must have dumped some halves before me, and was stuck in the feed tray on top of the counter. When i was feeding coins some where getting stuck. This about evened with my first lost of 40$, and i felt much better. Went to my last dump bank to do all 498$ at once. When i got there, a family was dumping at the only working machine. I noticed in the slot was a silver dime, and a nickel and penny. They filled up a bag, and a CSR came to help them. In the process they kept dumping and changing bags, a quarter was in the reject tube the CSR, took it and handed to the man, telling him it was silver. He put it in his pocket like it didnt care much for it. After they were done It was my turn, and the bags filled up quickly, but another CSR was right over to help me, like she was stalking me. During the second bag change, i checked the tube for any reject coins and picked up a silver quarter, and what ever halves that was rejected and tossed back into the feed. Blah blah blah, cashed my ticket and left. While i was out in the parking lot i saw the family, and I racked up the nerve to ask the man if he still has the silver quarter. He was very nice and said "Yeah", reached in his pocket and pulled out some change. I told him I'll buy it off him, stuck two quarters in his hand, and he said no need you can keep it. I said Thanks, man you have a good day. went to my car shocked at what happened. I went home with 2, 1964 quarter, and a 1964 rosie. About broke even with the 40$ from the first bank, and found silver...

10959328_10152818793282408_8321462680385598423_n.jpg

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OR you accidentally put more in one container than the other.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OR you accidentally put more in one container than the other.

i separate by 25 rolls, open and dump them in separate plastic bags, with a note of how many coins i take out... chances of getting some mixed, is unlikely...

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At any rate, you should refuse any money that bank #1 attempts to add to your account IMO. It typically all works out over time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread