skunked and a good find...

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I only pick up about 1000 a week (2 boxes) in halves... and after seeing people here talk about picking up 10 to 50 boxes a week and be on a skunk spree I guess I can't complain too much...but anyhow I was depressed so I dumped my halves (and actually met my first nasty teller ever in six months of hunting)...anyhow I ignored her, and took my large bills and ran to another bank. :) I asked my friendly teller for CWR and she directed me to the other end of the counter for $500 in dimes. nice of them to even give me a carry out box, as my bucket was in the shop. ;D

so I get home -turn on some music and tear in to the dimes. ...
almost at the end I hit this roll!!! :thumbsup:

I did go and open red book (nothing key in the dimes found) - total silver 36 in one roll. (and I found a single lone silver hiding out in another roll.) great day at 37 total silver found in $500 worth of dimes. according to coinflation that was about $95 in silver.

I love my new bank, and I'm so going to bring them dunkin Monday- along with asking for another $500 in dimes to see if I missed anything! :) wow I know it's not a whole solid roll, but it was still a heatstopping surprise!

~Fitzy111

Attachments

• 0301121725.jpg
    0301121725.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

triplejway

Jul 11, 2011
Congrats on that nice roll! Definitely go back and get any more CWRs they have. I've had one 'mega' score on CWRs where I pulled 14, and I believe 5 out of one roll. Nowhere near your 36, congrats again.

OP
OP
mfitzy111

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks man. you really have to wonder how they made it back in to the bank...but I'm thankful to have found em. yep going back there monday for as many as I can get from them! :wink: you never know.

Gareb

Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't overlook other coins...

I had a similar experience with dimes, not sure of the exact number but it was very high compared to the number of rolls I got. I figured it was part of a collection mixed in with them. I went back and out of curiosity I also bought crw of quarters. I ended up also pulling out 10 quarters and a few more high silver count in dimes also. May want to try it out. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mfitzy111

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks man, Monday I'll do just that- if I find anything else I'll post it here. :)

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow ....I went on aroad trip today to strousburg. 10 banks only $20 in halves $ 100 dimes......SKUNK ! ! ! 125 miles round trip for nothing . Great find ! ! ! !

OP
OP
mfitzy111

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
that sounds like my weekly tallys so far...no fun man, better luck next week. I stay local due to high gas prices. I'm also in NEPA...so if you'd be willing to PM me I'd like to know where your at so I can avoid your dumps! :icon_thumright: sadly I don't total much weekly from my local places.

I don't go down to stroudsburg -ever - but college towns should be good places right? You might want to hit Clarks summit as more people in that area have $, they might be more open to not caring about dumping silver coins...

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit clarks summit last week....walked into a bank and held the door for a lady on her way out....she took all the halves they had ! talk about a day late dollar short !!

OP
OP
mfitzy111

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
it happens man. been there myself. hey I'd love to find a gold coin in a coin return....I'm lucky if I find a coin in the return at a coinstar... :(

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, silver dimes for me are very hard to find followed by quarters.

Congrats

DW

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice pickup right there. I've found solid rolls of halves but never dimes. Or anything close to solid roll.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
It is always good to stroke the hand that feeds you. Dunkin is a great idea!

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread