Skunked and Shorted

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrible box yesterday. No keepers and I got this cruddy 50 cent Delaware Park token in place of a half. Only consolation was a sacagewa dollar in the reject tray when I dumped. Also went around yesterday and today hitting up lots of banks. Found about $300 in MWR halves and some loose halves. Skunk city. Did find two clad Ike's, which have really dried up around here. Lots of tellers told me people are asking for Ike's all the time, and they go out as soon as they come in. I hate these skunk streaks.

Attachments

• image-1203624283.jpg
    image-1203624283.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 86
  • image-655633529.jpg
    image-655633529.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there CC. It will come around. My luck has been down for about 6-8 weeks now. You just have to ride it out.

HH
Big Fat

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there CC. It will come around. My luck has been down for about 6-8 weeks now. You just have to ride it out.

HH
Big Fat

Took the words right outta my mouth Big Fat, lol. Don't worry, it will come around. I kinda think the token is cool though, I like finding wierd stuff in my boxes, not as much as Silver, lol, but odd things are still cool. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was shorted this week too for the first time from a box, I didn't post it but here's a pic, if you look closely you can see some of the rolls aren't as tall as the others, very weird, a couple had an extra coin in them, but it didn't make up for the short rolls, I lost 1.50 in the end. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6111.JPG
    DSCN6111.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 90

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I was getting the same thing for a month or two that just stopped a few weeks ago in the flat boxes Mav, there would be some rolls at 19 and some at 21 like their machines were messing up. Usually I would end up short 1 or 2, there were never any overages in any box. About the same time that was happening, the paper for the rolls got real short and instead of going around the roll 1 and a half times which it normally does it was just making it around the roll with only a little extra. I was talking to a bank teller about it and he said maybe they were trying to save money by using less paper but I was thinking that maybe it was just some new kid running the machine who messed with the settings. This month's boxes have all been OK so whatever the problem was it seems fixed. Maybe the kid from Loomis went and got a new job at Brinks.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was getting the same thing for a month or two that just stopped a few weeks ago in the flat boxes Mav, there would be some rolls at 19 and some at 21 like their machines were messing up. Usually I would end up short 1 or 2, there were never any overages in any box. About the same time that was happening, the paper for the rolls got real short and instead of going around the roll 1 and a half times which it normally does it was just making it around the roll with only a little extra. I was talking to a bank teller about it and he said maybe they were trying to save money by using less paper but I was thinking that maybe it was just some new kid running the machine who messed with the settings. This month's boxes have all been OK so whatever the problem was it seems fixed. Maybe the kid from Loomis went and got a new job at Brinks.

Ya, I was hoping for an overage too, nope. It seems they ran out of paper for a bit and were sending out the boxes with backwards 1.00 wraps in them, then got the blavk and whites and they were coming in with 1 end loosely wrapped, now they got themachine to wrap them tight and fine tuming it, only 1 box in my batch of 6 was like this. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread