Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was bound to happen, on the 10th go over on the same 30x30 area of the old farm site I;ve been hitting and finding all the coins, I finally got skunked...nothing but a couple of 22 shells. The site has yielded 40 IH's, 2 barber dimes, barber quarter, 6 Large cents, 3 Canadian Large cents. Think I finally got it all, but frost is coming and will be lifting things up...:)
After that I decided to go to another early 1800's farmhouse I had permission to hunt. Found a broocj with green, red, blue, purple and pearl liek stones in it, looks plate and no markings so I assume it's costume(?), also found a flat smooth button, post is something I;ve never seen before...its offcentered (see pics), also found one each of the two kinds of Remington target slugs I;ve been finding, one nickel/lead, the other bronze, also an old buckle and a 1909 and a 1918 wheatie. First time over this place so also found 100+ pulltabs, 100+ bullet shells and all kinds of lead and copper flashing.

Attachments

• brooch2.JPG
    brooch2.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 357
  • IMAG0011.JPG
    IMAG0011.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG0007.JPG
    IMAG0007.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REmington target slugs

Attachments

• REm slugs both.JPG
    REm slugs both.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 347

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Nice finds at the other site. Especially that brooch, it looks real good. One thing is for sure, that farmhouse was sure good to you. Great haul out of that 30 x 30 spot.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that you were skunked...I really like those target slugs...

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green1 said:
can you expand the search area ??

Green..the farm site is about 6 acres ( plus or minus) and now has 3 houses remaining on it. I have gone over about half of it, but the most productive area was this one 30 x 30 area near where an ell was on one of the houses. I will of course, hit the whole farm at some point but where this one area was producing so well I decided to keep hitting it and hitting it until I went twice in a row without any finds, and that happened yesterday. As Post stated, this area has been EXTREMELY good to me and was overjoyed with what I found there, especially in such a small area. I still have an area to go over near where an old barn was, and also where a house burned down in the early 1900's. Will also hit this small area again in the spring and see what the frost pushed up. The size of this farm will keep me busy for quite a while and will be my fall back area to hit again and again. I also haven;t been around one of the houses, dating back to the early 1800's, am still waiting on firm permission to hit it. So, I think this area will keep me busy for a long while, and if I get really lucky I may find another little "honey hole" like the one I;ve been working.
HH!!!

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking broach you found Digger....nice digs for such a small coverage area....thanks for sharing!!

Attachments

• Banjo.jpg
    Banjo.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Banjo.jpg
    Banjo.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 218

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread