Skunked...but was I...

JoeSwindell

Feb 1, 2008
Roanoke, Va
Went to order a box the other day wooo! However when I get there some explicative had rolled 2 boxes back up in wrappers and dropped them off...so they won't get me any and I know know one is going to clear them out so I buy the boxes...take them straight to the counter at the other bank. But wait! What is at the other bank for me!? Someone had purchased the entire years 2002-2010 UNC P D rolls from the mint, taken 1-2 coins out and turned them in still partially wrapped in the mint wrappers for face value...OH JOY!!!! Needless to say I bought them all and have been dumping them on feebay :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:!

Upvote 0

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
Skunked.. It's very difficult to even break even selling clad halves on feebay.

Also, fees are now charged on shipping charges. The days of selling things for $.99 + $25 shipping (or more) are over.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoeSwindell said:
Went to order a box the other day wooo! However when I get there some explicative had rolled 2 boxes back up in wrappers and dropped them off...so they won't get me any and I know know one is going to clear them out so I buy the boxes...take them straight to the counter at the other bank. But wait! What is at the other bank for me!? Someone had purchased the entire years 2002-2010 UNC P D rolls from the mint, taken 1-2 coins out and turned them in still partially wrapped in the mint wrappers for face value...OH JOY!!!! Needless to say I bought them all and have been dumping them on feebay :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:!
What are they going for on eBay?

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
awesome finds!!! congrats! wait, were the rolls short 1 or 2 coins? or did the rolls have average dates in place of the coins that they had taken out? keep it up and hh!

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
JoeSwindell said:
I'm selling them for 2 dollars a piece on ebay.

They were just short, not replaced.

I've been thinking about doing the samr thing. How much are you charging for shipping?

OP
OP
JoeSwindell

JoeSwindell

Feb 1, 2008
Roanoke, Va
Well with the way ebay has changed their fees, I've been doing free shipping. If they only get 1 or 2 you can pop it in a regular envelope. If they get more than that I use a bubble mailer, about 1.70 shipping. So you still make a couple bucks.

And T-Candy please read a post before you make a dumb comment. Thanks.

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
Damn that's too bad that you didn't get your boxes of halves.. I really want to buy some 'unsearched' half dollars from you on ebay after you weigh them first... When are you going to get your next box?

T-Candy

Mar 6, 2011
JoeSwindell said:
And T-Candy please read a post before you make a dumb comment. Thanks.

^ I actually read the entire thing. I was inferring that you probably hadn't sold any at $2 a piece, or rather that that price doesn't seem feasible. Read a comment before you make a dumb reply. Thanks.

T-Candy

Mar 6, 2011
Didn't mean to troll, just thought that your price might be too high. If you've made successful sales then I suppose I stand corrected. ::)

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to build your ebay DSR ratings!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread