maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Fist! That sucks about the Quarters though, it sucks to hear those words " I just had some_ _ _ _ and just sold them". HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet.. Someone on here once said... Coin roll Hunting=quantity Metal Detecting=Quality.. I think there is a lot of truth to that.. I will never quit metal detecting simply because it is a better experience and there is not much of a chance finding a Draped Bust in a roll...

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialCravings said:
Sweet.. Someone on here once said... Coin roll Hunting=quantity Metal Detecting=Quality.. I think there is a lot of truth to that.. I will never quit metal detecting simply because it is a better experience and there is not much of a chance finding a Draped Bust in a roll...

I agree, got my oldest find last week

image-2705950145.jpg

In pretty good condition for it's age.
Btw it's a large cent.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a clad quarter that had been painted maroon, and left in the dirt 30 years. I thought I had a large cent! nice find - I'll report my finds via MDing for sure.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet I am still looking for my first Large Cent.. I thought I had one, but it was actually a 1773 Virginia Half Penny.. You wont hear any complaints from me even though the coin is completely corroded.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialCravings said:
Sweet I am still looking for my first Large Cent.. I thought I had one, but it was actually a 1773 Virginia Half Penny.. You wont hear any complaints from me even though the coin is completely corroded.

That's a killer find, got me by 51 years lol. My lc was at 14" just gave me a chirp, but I kept digging. I hit the beach yesterday (hunted in the water) and today and did quite well.

image-3348931263.jpg

Yesterdays hunt

image-1686656846.jpg

Today's hunt, chain is gold only 1 gm.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... great finds... I am assuming you were on the east coast and sandy exposed some silver. I am desperately trying to get down to the shore but just don't have the time. My friend found two half reales there a couple days ago...

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialCravings said:
Wow... great finds... I am assuming you were on the east coast and sandy exposed some silver. I am desperately trying to get down to the shore but just don't have the time. My friend found two half reales there a couple days ago...

No I'm on lake Michigan, sandy brought us 26 foot waves exposing the oldies. My buddy that I was hunting with today popped a 35 walker, a Washington 2 mercs and a war nickel.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta pop some shwiiz outta the ground!

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, got my oldest find last week

View attachment 698185

In pretty good condition for it's age.
Btw it's a large cent.
Congrats Seener! I've dug two largies, one in a yard and one in a county park. My oldest find is a spanish silver dated 1758. Dug that here in Michigan.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
nice score!! take what you can get . I still think its better to find silver dirt hunting. I find alot of silver scuba diving and to me I enjoy finding it coinroll hunting but detecting is the best. But it all adds to the pile. HH and good luck. Brian

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
Congrats Seener! I've dug two largies, one in a yard and one in a county park. My oldest find is a spanish silver dated 1758. Dug that here in Michigan.

Thanks fistfull! Congrats on your reale and your lc's. What detector are you running?

Last edited:

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how I roll too, you never know when you might run into a sidewalk tear-out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions