skunked with this weeks boxes so i took a short road trip

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well as many of you know i was skunked this weeks with my 10 boxes (i decreased my volume from 16 to 10) so i took a short road trip today to a small town with 6 banks. the first 4 did not have any halves at all. bank 5 had a box that the teller said someone had ordered about 6 months ago but never came and got. i told her that i would be glad to take it. off to the car i went and searched it in the parking lot. here are the results with pics----
kennedy 40%-----27
kennedy 90%-----3 (2 1964's and 1 2000S silver proof)
bens-------------1

hope i can run across some more boxes like this. 6 months ago nearly every box here in my area produced like this, now there are nothing but skunks

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 206
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! My boxes stopped producing a year ago, when I got into this hobby. In other words, they never really did produce, I ordered for months straight, got a couple keepers, gave up, then tried again. Not a couple boxes, probably 50-60 over last year....I think I'm heading to 'bama!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip!!! :thumbsup:

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Super box S.C. , I really like finding those silver proofs those are cool. I hit some boxes last year and noone picked them up :icon_scratch: and they were loaded with Bens and Walkers with a Barber to boot ....anyways congrats and heres to some more abandoned boxes :icon_pirat:, Ed

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i miss the good boxes too. the best one i have ever gotten had 189 keepers in it....wish i could score that every week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread