Skunked

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Tilled about a quarter acre for part of our veggie garden last week and decided to detect it yesterday. It's only about 100 feet from the old farm house but found nothing but a few shell casings, fired bullets, shotgun shell brass and various pieces of farm machinery. One sort of interesting item that had a canadian patent date of Nov. 5, '94 on one side and PAT MAR 19 95 on the other. It's made of brass and has two threaded sections where something screwed into it. If I can get my cheapo camera to work I'll post it in the what's it section. But it's really nothing more than junk.
It still was nice to be able to detect for an hour though. It's been a while since I've had the chance. Good luck and have fun.

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear you didn't get any good finds out there! It always seem to be hit or miss with old houses. I've hunted old places and gotten nothing except for maybe a 10'x10' area and that's it.

Just keep on digging and good luck!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I tilled a place like that once and for years I found good stuff in it. Tilling can put lots of coins on edge and therefore hard to detect.

I got tired of hunting it with my Minelab so I finally dug a spot and screened the dirt. I found a silver 19th century spoon and also a couple very old bottles.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions