Skunked?

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Well I guess a little clad cant be called skunked, and since pull tabs are worth a little $$$ i guess i wasnt skunked, the beach didnt offer much and the sand was NOT fluffy, it was packed and damp... Tough to sift, anyway, hitting a couple of old schools this afternoon.... Is there silver to be found?

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehh, no ya didn't get skunked as long as you got something out of it in my opinion. As to silver its like gold and it is where you find it. Luck and keep swinging.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess a little clad cant be called skunked, and since pull tabs are worth a little $$$ i guess i wasnt skunked, the beach didnt offer much and the sand was NOT fluffy, it was packed and damp... Tough to sift, anyway, hitting a couple of old schools this afternoon.... Is there silver to be found?

How did the old schools turn out? Any keepers?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Dale, when you ask if there's silver to be found, you're referring to silver coins, right? (as opposed to silver jewelry, eh?). If so, then the "trick" or "answer" is not to just "keep swinging". The "trick" is location location location. There are some places that you can simply not yourself silly at, and "dig till the cows come home", and only find tabs, clad, etc.... But other places that are going to produce the silver coins. Gotta research out old defunct camp grounds or picnic grounds that no one has hunted before. Or hit yards of old homes. Like from the 1940s/'50s that will still be old enough to have silver in them, yet likely never hunted before.

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Old schools had summer school going on so I didnt stop, one is where I got a 1910 Penny and 1918 Mercury Dime last year

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the schools early Sunday mornings before the ball games and all. I found wheats but like you still looking for the silver. I did score a silver ring and a little charm, where they push the plowed snow.
I guess our hunt goes on! GL. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread