Skunkpocalypse has arrived.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week was pretty awful. 10 boxes for 5x40%. 7 skunks. This week was actually not too bad compared to other weeks though. My average has been way below one/box.

On the bright side...

I had a closer look at this buffalo nick I got with those coins from a relative. Its a 1913D type II, which is coin nerd speak for $130. :laughing7: ....sorry numismatists I couldn't help myself. :laughing7:

HH everyone! Im my neck of the woods the hunting part is really coming to the fore lately.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Namster, hopefully it'll come around, Iknow it will start showing up again, just seems like it's getting longer between good boxes showing up lately, For me too at least, if it's still like this week in 6 months, then I'll begin to worry alittle, but it does stink right now. Here's to next week being better! HH, Maverick.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in my neck of the Northeast. About 3 weeks ago (just after the wrapper paper changed) everything went missing from my boxes, silver, proofs, painted coins, NIFCS, any funny money, even the marked coins, was getting 50 to 400 a box before, now nada. I'm calling them "Sterilized" coins/boxes.

Cool on the Buffalo!

Last edited:

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Tuesday I got 12 boxes and had only (2) 90% and (2) 40%, which is about your average. But later in the week it picked up. Don't give up.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Tuesday I got 12 boxes and had only (2) 90% and (2) 40%, which is about your average. But later in the week it picked up. Don't give up.

Give up? :laughing7: NEVER!

Alter strategy? YES!

I managed about $750 in CWRs for a total of 4x90% and 8x40.

There is definitely something in the air here. Before the last couple months I would have 2-3 weeks of good finds followed by a crappy week, then it would pick up the next week. This pattern is totally gone. I am getting LOTS of brand new 2001 coins. I even marked a bunch just for fun and not a single one has come back.

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Same here folks...

I think they are messing with coin logistic recently. I started to see tons of unusual marked/painted coins about a month ago. Tons of coins marked by another fellow around here went totally missing. From that point, I probably pulled only 3 40%ers out of...maybe 30 boxes. Hope next week will be better!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread