Skunks are only funny when they spray my dog

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My longest half box skunk streak so far - 3 boxes. The fourth had 3 40%ers, a 45 walker, and a '64. This may seem ludacris to some, but really almost every other box I get is a skunk, I just happen to not get many in a row.

Based on others skunk streaks it really seems that numbers are based on location - I live in a rather yuppy-ish area where most people don't coin roll hunt, dumpster dive, scrap, etc. (except for me :goldtrophy:). I also don't do a lot of volume, maybe 2 boxes a week, so that also may play a role. I'm sure my skunk streaks will come.

The only reason I bring this up (other than to inadvertently have the folks who have 50 box skunk streaks hate me - sorry), is because I wonder how large of an area a distribution facility caters to. For example, does the guy in the next town get half boxes off the same pallet as me? the guy five towns away? one state?

I am totally in the dark about how these coin companies operate. I seem to get the same coin roll types all over around here, I wonder if this means it doesn't make a difference if I go to the chain bank or a credit union to order boxes, they are all the same. I am keeping statistics now to see if there is a significant difference based on the location I order my half boxes.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 boxes....

my sides are hurting like I just did 1000 oblique twists with a 45 plate.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the coins have a lot of marks on them?? From other people??

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I underwent 30 boxes with 0 silver over a span of 4 months... it is not fun. Do not get mad about a smallskunk streak of 3 boxes...

I have 4 boxes of halves planned for this week, I am hoping for at least 1 silver...
hh
Buff

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I don't know why I really bothered to post this one, I don't do much half volume so I'm sure my time will come. I probably just jinxed myself

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I get a lot of marked halves, but not ridiculous amounts. I'm with the camp that almost all clad halves have been searched multiple times over. Still, I suppose the marks are a good indication of how much competition you have to pull out recently dumped collections

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions