Skunks from HELL!!

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wouldn't you get excited if your rolls looked like this?

IMG-20140129-00066.jpg IMG-20140129-00077.jpg IMG-20140129-00081.jpg

Sure you would.

Then you check them and they look like this:

IMG-20140129-00076.jpg IMG-20140129-00082.jpg

I got 3 boxes of this junk. I don't know what corrosive agent these coins were submerged in, but after handling them my hands got very dry and uncomfortable . Also every time my fingernail slid across the surface it gave me the chills, like fingernails on a blackboard.

The rims all looked like silver so I date checked each one. Took forever. No silver of course.

All in all it was horrible. I think I'll drive 50 miles to dump these. I don't want to see them ever again! Is that clear?

Upvote 0

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, i cant really tell from the pictures, but from my experience, anything with a green tint is corroded clad

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh dang man! those r uglyyyyyy... and skunky too, thats bad...

Dont worry, we are in skunksville together... I did 16 boxes today and only found 1 lone 40%er... these boxes are hit and miss every week, its killlin me

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I've found some Proofs that looked like that in the past three weeks. Horrible what someone has done to some otherwise beautiful coins. And, while we're on the subject, been eating lots of skunks, too. Seven 40's in the past 24 boxes, and five of them were in one box. (21 Skunks)

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, these coins look like they were pulled from a fountain or pond. oike like other coins have been corroded on top of a few in the pictures above.

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd guess they were out of a fountain and cleaned with sno-bowl.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wouldn't you get excited if your rolls looked like this?

View attachment 941668 View attachment 941669 View attachment 941670

Sure you would.

Then you check them and they look like this:

View attachment 941671 View attachment 941672

I got 3 boxes of this junk. I don't know what corrosive agent these coins were submerged in, but after handling them my hands got very dry and uncomfortable . Also every time my fingernail slid across the surface it gave me the chills, like fingernails on a blackboard.

The rims all looked like silver so I date checked each one. Took forever. No silver of course.

All in all it was horrible. I think I'll drive 50 miles to dump these. I don't want to see them ever again! Is that clear?

:icon_scratch: That is a bummer; I would have sound checked them first before date checking especially after seeing the first couple of them were clad.
Better luck next time. I saw a bunch of coins like that after Sandy.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread