Skunks picture, coin traveling speed and a coin counter question

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
In my dump bank (just starting) they have a coin counter but it's in the SDB room and I need to get a teller everytime to use it. Are there banks out there that have a counter in the lobby similar to a coinstar that don't require you to get an employee to use? I assume this is prefered if they're available.

Oh yeah, and Buffalo boy I found a February '13 halve of yours over the weekend in Richmond Virginia. That's traveling fast.

Also showed what happens at my house when the 5 and 7 year old get hold of the skunks.

Thanks

Attachments

• skunks - Copy.JPG
    skunks - Copy.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice pic!!! Those are some creative kids there!

Some banks and credit unions have their coin machines in the lobby, others in a back room. All of the TD banks that I have seen have them in the lobby, as it is kid friendly. Others it is kinda 50/50 as far as being in the front or back.

HH

Last edited:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah those half dollars really move quick... I dont think we are ever going to get to the bottom of the pallets!!

I got 4-5 of those 2/13 coins also this week

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got three dump branches with counters in the lobby but I have to get a teller anyway, cause I always fill at least one bag.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Is that a map of your city?

I don't think so, I think it's whatever city was inside my 7-year olds head. The 5-year old built the western suburbs and the marina in the south east.

Thanks for the info.

I think if I can find a bank that allows dumps to a lobby coin counter and doesn't generally require a teller I think I can talk the wife into dropping them off which would be a major score for me.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think if I can find a bank that allows dumps to a lobby coin counter and doesn't generally require a teller I think I can talk the wife into dropping them off which would be a major score for me.

Any coin counter in a lobby that I have used still requires seeing a teller, because it prints out a slip with your coin totals.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow these coins are really moving... thanks for informing me about this, the whole reason I am marking my coins is to see where and when they pop up after the initial month I send them out into the wild.

I would estimate less than 100 of the "2 13" halves are out there... I am about to mark up quite a few "3 13" halves, this time in green, afterall, it is march!
hh
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread