slave tag

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got ripped off by a well known arrowhead hunter who told me that he found one while searching for artifacts. It turned out to be bogus and he never returned my e-mails....Steve

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
i've never seen the slave's tags, thank u for the link!

But tell me something - as I know during slavery period in the usa too much slaves died , but where is they are buried?I want to see any slave's tombsstones photos

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Nahabit,
In America, a slave's burial place was commonly marked only with a stone or simple cross. An actual headstone was very rare.

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lafitte said:
Nahabit,
In America, a slave's burial place was commonly marked only with a stone or simple cross. An actual headstone was very rare.

I have lived on a few old plantations in the south.Most slaves were buried on the property,In a area set aside by the owners.The wooden cross is correct,if marked at all.Have seen just regular rocks engraved by hand with alot of the letters written backwards.Or just pics. of crosses drawn on them.Found one burial ground with about 50 graves,all had sunken over the years,which left four to five foot holes.Thats how I found them!!!!!! Fell in on a dark morning going deer hunting..Kinda Creepy!!!Went back home didnt hunt.....Went back later and kinda cleaned up some of the over grown weeds and raked up leaves,and added a few flowers.There are many plantations where you can tour slave burial grounds.

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
stevesno said:
I got ripped off by a well known arrowhead hunter who told me that he found one while searching for artifacts. It turned out to be bogus and he never returned my e-mails....Steve
i am a arrowhead hunter he makes us look bad.sorry you got took.how much was he asking?

Attachments

• DSC04214.JPG
    DSC04214.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,802

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
dirt diva said:
Lafitte said:
Nahabit,

I have lived on a few old plantations in the south.Most slaves were buried on the property,In a area set aside by the owners.The wooden cross is correct,if marked at all.Have seen just regular rocks engraved by hand with alot of the letters written backwards.Or just pics. of crosses drawn on them.Found one burial ground with about 50 graves,all had sunken over the years,which left four to five foot holes.Thats how I found them!!!!!! Fell in on a dark morning going deer hunting..Kinda Creepy!!!Went back home didnt hunt.....Went back later and kinda cleaned up some of the over grown weeds and raked up leaves,and added a few flowers.There are many plantations where you can tour slave burial grounds.
:thumbsup:

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dirt diva said:
Lafitte said:
Nahabit,

That was very respectful.

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 0b4c_2.jpg
    0b4c_2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 3,369
  • 0b46_2.jpg
    0b46_2.jpg