Slayed the Monkey...

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. Was catching up on my laundry so I didn't get much time in the field today. I actually got together with my husband and wifey friends for a new permission they landed. A nasty filthy decomposing 100 year old+ farm house smelling of raccoon urine but, having nearly 5 acres of property to investigate. I always head to the front yard on old homes and found a solid toned 86-87 on my Makro Racer 2. Dug out the Standing Liberty Quarter from about 6 inches. I slayed the silver coin monkey in style having only three SLQ's to my credit now since I began to detect back in 2008. This is my first silver coin of the year and first with my new Makro Racer 2. I was using my Nel Sna 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG ke coil and she belted out the signal loud & clear. I managed another wheat penny, eyeballed the red button & key along with the poker chip from another park I was hunting earlier. So it was a short hunt compared to the nearly 12 hours I spent in the iron field this weekend but, the silver coin monkey is dead and being prepared for the barby.:tard: I hope ya'll had a great weekend. Kurios1

Upvote 15

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEET Silver! :icon_thumright::hello2:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always great to find an SLQ, dated or not- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its always nice to see a Standing Lib Quarter come out of the dirt. Nice find.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW that SLQ has passed through many hands BUT last stop is your pocket. Nice! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread