Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stepson and I found a few neat items this weekend. A lot of beer cans, square nails and rust. We managed to get a few finds that are picture worthy.

This old bullet was on a little island along a creek. It was about 6" down and sounded nice. I'm not sure how old it is, but it looks neat.
bullet1_4.jpg bullet1_3.jpg

I found a tag of some sort. Appears to be copper with handstamping that says "H. Meaker Dresden" It was found in Dresden, NY. There is a bit of wire looped around a square hole, not sure what it was used for. It will be fun to find any history of H. Meaker and see what I come up with. That will be a great lesson in metal detecting research for my Stepson. This is his first season swinging a coil so he is really getting into it.
H.Meaker_Dresden3.jpg

Of course we eyeballed the usual old pottery pieces and picked up the ones with neat designs.
pottery1.jpg pottery2.jpg

The Minion found his second cool find this season at a place that is oddly enough a dumpsite of old house foundations that have been excavated and used for fill. It's a permission hunt that should have a ton of potential. It was our first time there and we got rained out after a half hour :BangHead: He found a dog ID tag from 1961!
IMG_20170416_205015.jpg

The last keeper I found about 8" deep. Its a 1935 Mercury dime. I was thrilled to find silver! First of the season for me. The stepson tripped on a rotted little tree stump so he picked it up to laugh and show me. After an hour of fighting mosquitos, beer cans and square nails we called it a night. On the way back to the Jeep I came across the stump, in the woods about 20 feet from the trailhead. I figured what the heck I'll scan the hole. Nothing there...but a foot away was a nice solid 83 signal, pretty deep :notworthy: I jammed the Sampson Pro in mother nature a couple times and out popped a few square nails that I was ignoring, and a pretty little coin. I did scrape the back side a tiny little bit but I can live with it! That made our weekend.
IMG_20170416_204252.jpg IMG_20170416_204330.jpg

It was a great weekend with my Stepson. I'm hunting less because I spend more time helping him but it is definitely worth it. Thanks for looking, happy hunting and may your work week be brief! :coffee2:

Upvote 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions