Slaymaker lock, worn SLQ, IHP, spigot, and some odds and ends.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some recent finds while searching for new locations to spend some quality outdoor time. I do enjoy those head stamps. Slq first signal of the day, pretty unbelivable. Slaymaker lock, looks like some one had misplaced the key or intentionally beat the lock open for contents of whatever it was on. After cleaning the sand out of the interior was able to fully open and close the lock. Broke the 1800s with my first Indian head 1899, has a delicious patina. More misc odditys and a dented and empty dime bank. And a very nice spigot. Be safe out there and stay warm all you north of the sunshine state.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you've been doing great if that's just scouting I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when you hunker down.
It was like you walked directly to that SLQ..haha.. Looks like almost the same photo I took not that long ago.. Just a little leg

IMG_20141105_133452-1.jpg

OP
OP
hubcap76

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed looking forward to spending more time at these locations. Was just hanging out with my mechanic who grew up in a civil war era railroad depot for a childhood home locally. So potentially another location. I would go now but truck is being serviced.