1.7 MB · Views: 193

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
He is so insulated that I bet the snow doesn't melt under his body.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He sure is fine!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is so insulated that I bet the snow doesn't melt under his body.
He definitely needs that coat at night where he lives. This is a view coming down hwy 9 into South Park where I saw the Buffalo below. It gets pretty cold out in this country when the sun goes down. On the other side of those mountains in the distance is where RGINN lives. All this snow the mountains are getting this winter is sure going to make for a wonderful springtime, I'm thinking. I keep snowshoes in the truck, but I really didn't have much time for a little trek this trip, but I do want to get out sometime in the snow country, before it all goes away.

Attachments

• drive 011917 2.jpg
    drive 011917 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 162

ckpage86

Jan 7, 2017
Tucson, AZ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two awesome pictures! Buffalos are awesome. We went to a place called Bearazona near Flagstaff not long ago, they had a bunch of buffalo out and about. Was cool.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I've got my bearings right, I live straight north and just right of center. Maybe a little farther right. I could send up a flare next time.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I've got my bearings right, I live straight north and just right of center. Maybe a little farther right. I could send up a flare next time.
Yeah I'm coming down the big hill between Hartsel and Guffey. I think you may want to get up over Hoosier and head down towards Canõn. You'll be in the banana belt on the side of the big hill by 39 mile mountain. No snow down that way and It was rather nice. Highway 9 to Canõn is a nice drive. Heck I could have fished the Arkansas all day and got a sun tan the day I was there. Not sure the fish would be biting. You could take a gold pan and just enjoy the day sifting sand on the banks of the river?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm hearin it's pretty much snow free out east of Salida. Most of that part of the river is catch and release, at least where I go camp. Gotta watch the claims down there. There's one across the river near Rincon and that guy would come down and harass people on his claim. I can see it if you come in with a high dollar industrial set up, but I don't feel recreational panners are much of a threat at all to a claim. We're only there maybe once, have no clue what we're doin, and confuse pyrite and mica schist for gold. But ownership is ownership, and the law's the law, so I'll respect their claims, as long as they keep up their claim markers.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a fella running a suction dredge not far from Cotopaxi last summer. I didn't see any claim stakes where I pulled off along the river at a roadside spot. It was just nice sitting there by the river last Wednesday afternoon for a bit if anything.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I don't get to say it often, but when we do, it's our favorite phrase....
IMG_0871.JPG

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I don't get to say it often, but when we do, it's our favorite phrase....
View attachment 1406590
Not many peaks in Florida is there. In the early 90s I commuted from here in Denver to Gainesville every 2 weeks for a project in Alachua that took me 7 months of going back and forth. I headed down there every other weekend and would go explore the area on those weekends I stayed. I took a canoe down some river and paddled in to one of those spring feed clear water pools. I could see bass swimming ahead of me and the water was so clear it looked like those fish were flying and the canoe was hovering above the fish. You sure got a lot of big spiders down there. Some weekends I'd go sit on the beach all day in Flagler and others I'd go hang out in Cedar Keys. On the weekends back here it be cold and snowing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread