Slim pickings in Michigan

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ya all!!

sorry for not being on for quite a few months. Winter and taking care of mom and trying to keep myself from dying with this lovely chemotherapy induced medical condition of Cold Induced Urticaria has taken its toll. Bills through the nose are worse. People are telling me to sell my silver and I am like Hell No!! truthfully I only have about 2,000 dollars worth at today's prices and 12,000 dollars of debt. I rather keep the silver. Not to mention we have a piece of property up for sale too. Mom says if it sells she'll give me 10K for taking care of her and part of my inheritance. I still get the house and land we are currently living on. No time to do coin roll hunting via driving but I have been doing it at work and man the pickings are horribly slim. in about 7 months I have found only 2 silver dimes and 2 buffs. the silver dimes of all things were found in our change trays that we have at each lane. I got through them all the time looking at the discarded canadian change that won't go through our Self check outs. Then a few days ago I heard that sweet music. The silver song from the coinstar but I was too busy to check, though I was drooling at the sound. LMAO! Then my boss calls to me after I heard the silver song more but at our customer service desk. She asked me to look at a coin a customer had. Good natured I looked at it and told him it was silver and worth about 5 bucks (it was a quarter and he only had one). I couldn't lie with my boss there and told the guy to keep it safe. He actually looked bemused. My boss was laughing her @ss off because every time he dropped it on the counter to make the sound my head would snap right towards her. She's a good boss but that's just pure torture to a silver hound like me. Right now we are working on getting our water up and running after not having it for almost a year. I like having a lower electric bill from not using our pump but the idea of having running water again. ohhh. Looking at plants outside I am hopeing for any type of crop this year. Dang frost got our apple trees and the last 2 horrible winters have all but destroyed our peach trees. But looking on the bright side of things I am trying a new type of bean. Scarlet emperiors. English type of vine bean that has scarlet leaves and beans and flowers that draw in hummingbirds. duo purpose veggie. I like that.

Ok enough yaking, will see ya all laters. Thanks for the prayers and E-mails.

Sincerely GarouLady

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey garoulady, it's nice to see you post again! Sorry to hear about all that is happening... hang in there :)

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer. It's been a while for us out here as well. Half boxes have been rough!!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I just read your post and to me it was really humbling considering all the stuff I complain about and none of it really matters. I'm still kind of young and never been in the position of having to take care of a family member however my dad is getting into his 70s so that day may come before I'm ready. I know how your winters are, I am from Erie Pennsylvania originally and they were awful and then Summers full of rain!

What is wrong with your water that you don't have running water available to you? If you don't mind me asking. Thank you for your post and if there's anything I can do to help you out please let me know! Not that I'm anybody important. However I like trying to find solutions to problems when I can. Prayers to you and your family and I hope all is well, Justin.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Pressure tank got hit by lightening which had it running none stop which burned out the pump. Got the pump fixed and an electrical short made it stop. By the time we found someone to come and check it out part of the line froze during winter so we had to go winter without water. Life makes it hard for me to make phone calls. I finally got someone to come in to fix it. Hopefully within the next week we will have running water.

Thanks for the prayers and warm thoughts.

Sincerely, GarouLady

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Don't know much about your mother's condition but from you mentioning Chemo, it must be cancer related. I don't know her condition but if you have nothing to lose, look into Low Dose Naltrexone for cancer. My prayers are with you.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
oh no, it wasn't mom who had the chemo and cancer, that was me. I got to do all the fun fun of that stuff. But I beat it. No biggie. Thanks for the prayers. Definitely can use them.

sincerely GarouLady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread