Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was messing around with my deus and realized that my settings were actually pretty shallow for silver. Yesterday was a long day, VA van ride about 2 1/2 hours ride one way to VA Hospital in Little Rock. Then the normal sit and wait and wait and wait. So this time I had brought my Andy Sabisch Deus book to study during the down time. unfortunately, I can not read and ride for getting super car sick and I take the motion sickness pills. So, after reading it, I tweaked a few things that seemed to help in my air tests and hoped to try them out when I got home before dark. It was exceedingly hot when I got home so I planned to do it this morning. We get out there this morning just as the clouds open up and let the rain pour so that hunt was canceled. Finally about noon, it was still cloudy and pretty warm but we were chomping at the bit and hurried out. Armed with both water and Gator Aid, we began going over a large area that we had already pulled silver out of just to see if we could get any hits. Well, no silvers but lots of humidity and heat as we worked and of course, the sun came back out. We had a few hits but they were fairly shallow and were mainly bits and pieces of trash. So we worked our way onto a small ridge hump where there was a little shade and a glorious cooler (than the lower area) breeze. I found shotgun shell headstamps as normal, a few bullets, pull tabs and square tabs. I actually got super excited when I hit a spot that had three 94 to 96 readings but they turned out to be bottle caps. We haven't found that many bottle caps in here so I wasn't expecting them. I was using 18ktz but it got too noisy and had to drop down to 12ktz. I found finally, a clad dime, three memorials and a 1910 wheatie and a 1930 wheatie (I see 1938 but the wife claims 1930). The dirt here is terrible on pennies, fortunately the date side was good because the opposite side on one was totally toasted. I know that there is still good things to find here, just swinging over the right places and we still have a lot to detect. My wheatie count has really shot up with this permission as well as the silver coins etc. I expect to find another ring as we wade thru the pull rings and relics. Just two wheaties for a three hour plus hunt but I like my wheaties!

Attachments

• 0728171704c.jpg
    0728171704c.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 0728171704b.jpg
    0728171704b.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 0728171704.jpg
    0728171704.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 0728171703.jpg
    0728171703.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 0728171702.jpg
    0728171702.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 20

MadTom

Dec 6, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slim is better than nothing! Nice coins anyway

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out between showers, DL...and I hate when the clouds leave, the sun comes out and you can barely breathe for the humidity...but that's what we do! I'm betting there's a few or more silvers hiding there...Ddf

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great dates for sure on those wheats...haven't kept up on how you have been doing in that area, but the way it sounds you have done well...:thumbsup:
Nice hunt !!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any time you break the 1930 barrier on wheats its a great day.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would be happy knowing there are old coins there any hunt is a good hunt well mostly keep pluggin away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the feeling on both counts. Hunts like that and the VA adventures. :BangHead:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know what slim pickings are like. Hopefully we will both find a spot with a lot more targets. At least you got out to relax and enjoy.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll take the old coppers anytime and condition...congratulations! :occasion14:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd take those any day! One man's slim is another man's treasure! Nice work!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I barely got this posted and a storm hit, just got the internet back. was going to go back this morning but too too wet now. I just decided to try anyways this evening but a friend just texted me to go crappie fishing this evening. would go right now but baby sitting a toddler, oh well, it is what it is. it is hard to get up tight when a barely walking good little girl manages to climb up into your lap to hug you.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I barely got this posted and a storm hit, just got the internet back. was going to go back this morning but too too wet now. I just decided to try anyways this evening but a friend just texted me to go crappie fishing this evening. would go right now but baby sitting a toddler, oh well, it is what it is. it is hard to get up tight when a barely walking good little girl manages to climb up into your lap to hug you.
That's awesome just try to remember them now when they are cute .They are not so cute at 16 and 17 they both have cars and they know I can track there phones so the 17 year old thinks shes smarter than me and goes on a sleepover and leaves her phone at her friends house so I think shes there, She doesn't know I have an I pad tracker in her car. Busted 130 in the am pulled up behind her so I go out detecting while she does my chores!!!!!!! yeee haaa!!! Haaaa Haaa!!!! I was a 100 times worse and 100 times better at it than her, I feel like a hypocrite I guess I am but I want better for them!!!!!! Take lots of pics lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread