Slim Pickins....4 boxes 10/22 to 11/08

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I have not been posting a lot as of late. I am super stressed out right now.

Company I work for had the two top managers quit in early September, leaving myself, and the absentee majority owner to pick up the pieces. Getting better, majority owner sold it to someone who has yet to take up the reins, still putting out fires. Ugh.
If I am able to stay at my current place of employment until Christmas, I will consider myself fortunate, but it appears I am going to be on the unemployment line by mid-December at the latest. After some BS that happened today, I could be out the door by tomorrow.
Sept. 19 my Dad had a stroke. :'( He is recovering in a nursing home, and that is good, but as always, Medicare is saying they will not pay for his care, despite the fact that he certainly falls under the rules that say they must. Bast*rds. I would love to find the idiot at Medicare who wants my Dad to die, and beat the cr*p out of him with a big stick >:(
As both my parents are on Social Security, and I am making more than anyone in the family, when I lose my job it is going to screw up the lives of my entire family. :-[
A close friend has Bipolar Disorder, and is currently nuts in a manic phase. Mental health people will not lift a finger to help him. Police will not do anything unless he breaks the law. He is getting kicked out of where he lives, and is about to lose his job, and all of his friends. And I can do nothing, but watch the trainwreck and hope he somehow gets treatment.

This has all happened just since Labor Day. *sigh*

Enough about all this.

10/22 box: I hate Coin Wrap Inc.

Their employees have to be cherry picking. At least it seems that way. Boxes inspected by #4092 dated July 12, 2007 from the CWI Facility #94 are almost non-existent in terms of keepers:

89jzkes.jpg

I found a single 1967 (hey better than none), but it was only there it seems because the edges looked almost coppery. Seems employee #4092 is slacking off and missed it.

10/26 box: I hate Coin Wrap Inc.
Who shot JR? Heck I dunno, but whoever did, stole this Kennedy half out of his pocket when they did it, and there were no keepers in the box at all:
6lcgiyr.jpg

11/1 Box: I hate Coin Wrap Inc.
Fortunately, employee #4092 is slacking off again., I actually found 2 40%ers. Once again, they looked like clad if you judged them by their edges:
6odoil4.jpg

11/8 Box: Well, I don't hate Coin Wrap completely this week, but almost as much as I did last week. This week I found ZERO silver. >:(

However, imagine my surprise when I unwrapped a roll and instead of what looked like a slot half with an entirely smooth copper edge, I found this! ;D
7y3s2yp.jpg
86etliw.jpg

The only negative? The bank shorted me 49 cents on this box, it being a penny instead of fifty cents. But, of course, this penny is worth a bit more than 50 cents.
On eBay I found several selling for $1.49 to $2.99. So I suppose I did come out slightly ahead. I still miss the silver though.

Of course I know that not all CWI boxes are bad. I have seen some amazing treasure boxes posted here that had CWI stamped on them.

However, every time I have ever gotten a CWI box here in the Mid-Tennessee area, they have sucked. BAD.

Brinks ran out of 5x5x2 boxes in late August, and began shipping halves in Brinks quarter boxes. Then ever since the 10/22 box, they have been shipping 5x10x1 CWI boxes with the identical stamp on them as seen in my first photo above.

So....as always..just keep on getting a box a week, and hope that Brinks gets their behinds in gear and starts sending me Brinks boxes again.

Or (of course) I hope CWI fires employee #4092, or starts sending me boxes inspected by someone who is not skimming silver off the top.

Gee, I sure am in a foul mood. Sorry folks. I am not normally so sarcastic.

Oh well. Life is like a box of chock-lits, as a very wise man once said.

I have not even had the time to read the forums here in weeks, though if I lose my job, I may have more time than I want lol.

Happy Hunting everyone! ;D

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your chin up! It's always darkest before the dawn. Just remember, do good to others and you will be rewarded tenfold.

Riverdog

Jun 13, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Hang in there man. If its any consolation whatsoever, I've only pulled one 40% out of my last 3 brinks boxes, seems all the silver has dried up recently, at least in Virginia.
Take care.
RD

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
I hear ya.

PA here. 8 boxes this week. So far I have (2) 40% keepers, and Im through 6 boxes.

Not a good week ! I got 5 rolls of 2004+ AU coins though.

Hoping the last couple boxes will have some goodies, but Im doubting it right now.

Theres always next week :)

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

We all have hills and valleys in life.

I am just on that part of the road of life with a few pot holes here and there.
:)

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
MalteseFalcon said:
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

We all have hills and valleys in life.

I am just on that part of the road of life with a few pot holes here and there.
:)

My prayers are with you - my Dad also had a stroke last week 2 days after an operation (colon cancer), and it's a helpless feeling as I am over 1600 miles away. Good thing Mom and 2 of my sisters are getting him through it.
I just went through 6 stinkers this week but lucky #7 held 15 - 90% and 12 - 40%.
Good luck on the work front. You sound like a hard worker and shouldn't have a problem finding a new job quickly.

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread