Sllver necklace from thrift store...

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I found a nice necklace in a thrift store, I don't know what the mark is other than it is 925, looks like an SD, but not 100% sure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also found a Tiffany & Co. silver necklace, which of course was snatched up very quickly by my wife when I got home.
:dontknow: it happens.

Luis S.

Here is a pic of the mark, thanks in advance for any help.

silver_mark.jpg

Attachments

• silver_mark.jpg
    silver_mark.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 183

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Tiffany jewerly is being made by the chinese by the boat loads so maybe it was just a plated necklace... If not then you could be out of alot of money.. but living with a wife that is mad is not worthing the money the neclace is worth..

OP
OP
E

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
-but living with a wife that is mad is not worthing the money the neclace is worth..

My thoughts exactly:icon_thumleft:, now I need to find out if its plated.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much did you pay for these items? also, you can use a strong magnet to see if an item is plated or not.....Scott.

OP
OP
E

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The Tiffany necklace was $13 and the one in the picture was $7. I did the magnet test on the Tiffany and it passed. For now I will assume its real, keeps the wife happy too :-) :-) :-)

Luis S

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a good deal on the Tiffany, if it's real. All Tiffany pieces are stamped with the Tiffany & Co. mark and the metal mark (i.e. Tiffany & Co. 925, or T & Co. 925 with the trademark logo) Many pieces are stamped with the date the piece was trademarked, and the metal content, in that order (i.e. 2001 Tiffany & Co. 925). On necklaces the lobster claw should also be stamped 925.

For the necklace pictured, I may be wrong but with that logo, it kind of looks like a Silpada knockoff. I'm leary of it myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread