• SLOT MACHINE TOKENS.jpg
    SLOT MACHINE TOKENS.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 423
OP
OP
I

IdahoMan38

ATTRIBUTIONS FOR 5 DIGIT NUMBERS?

COULD THESE 5 DIGIT NUMBERS ON THESE TOKENS BE ZIP CODES. THE 61095 COMES UP AS SCHAUMBURG, PALANTINE, AND HOFFMAN ESATES IN ILLINOIS. CAN THESE BE LINKED BACK TO THE MANUFACTURER BY ZIP CODE. THE ALBERT PICK AND CO. WAS FROM CHICAGO ARE ANY OF THESE NOWNS NEAR CHICAGO OR SUBUBURBS OF CHICAGO. LOOKS LIKE 1906 WAS A PRIME YEAR FOR THE RELEASE OF ARCADE, SLOT AND MUSIC MACHINES. WHICH ALBERT PICK CO ALSO MANUFACTURED, ALONG WITH MANY OTHER ITEMS ICLUDING TOKENS. THERE WERE ALSO A LOT OF MANUFACTURERS OF THESE MACHINES STARTING? IN 1906. THE 31548 COMES BACK AS KINGSLAND GEORGIA, WERE THERE ANY TYPES OF THESE MANUFACTURERS THERE. I FOUND A EXAMPLE OF IT TRYING TO BE SOLD FOR 4.00 IN XF CONDITION. GONNA GO BACK TO THAT SITE AND GET THE OTHER DIGIT TOKEN NUMBERS THEY ARE SELLING. COMMENTS,.............

OP
OP
I

IdahoMan38

OK THE SITE HAD 2 MORE 5 DIGIT NUMBERED AND 2 4 DIGIT NUMBERED TOKENS.
THEY ARE
35054/GOOD FOR ONE PACKAGE OF MINTS

I DID A SEARCH FOR ZIP CODE 28902 AND CAME UP WITH STANDARD NORTH CAROLINA, AND GET THIS....THE USPS PREFERRED CITY NAME IS BRASSTOWN. ANY TOKEN OR MACHINE MANUFACTURERS FROM HERE?
I DIDNT LOOK UP 35054 TO SEE WHAT TOWN THAT WOULD BE.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
These tokens predate ZIP codes by a looooooong time. The numbers are genearally believed to be associated with either machine numbers or route numbers for a group of slot machines serviced by the same company. Tokens having the same number have been found from very distant places, so there is no clue there.

Sometimes, it is true, that there is a "numbers only" token where the number corresponds to an Elks Lodge or the street address of the issuing business, but that doesn't happen very often and they are tough to prove.

For the most part, the numbers tokens will stay unattributed along with those carrying just the initials of the issuer.

John in ID

OP
OP
I

IdahoMan38

DARN, THOUGHT I WAS ONTO SOMETHING HERE. JOHNS RIGHT THE ZIP CODES TOOK EFFECT JULY 1ST, 1963, AND WAS MANDITORY BY 1967. THANKS JOHN FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE HOBBY.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds~

HH

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, Zeph--the outside diameter is 21mm, the size of a nickel, so the hole is only 12 or so mm.
John in ID

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread