Slow day on the swing till this!

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
CTX 30/30,Whites v3i, Garrett pinpointer, garrett pinpointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out detecting with gear jammer today in a local park I wasn't finding much there just some clad so I walked across the street and was searching a field next to some railroad tracks when I got a good signal down 7" so I dug a plug and to my surprise I found this what a day I was on the moon it has some miles on it but awesome! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454294311.470910.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454294469.509804.jpg

First time in the 1800's what a rush. I was pumped can't wait to get back to this spot lots of trash I'm going to use my 6" coil next time I think it will work like a champ!

Upvote 8
OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I clean it with silver polish or just leave it tarnished? Does it matter I will never sell it but it is pretty dark?

gearjammer

Mar 14, 2015
northern Caifornia
Detector(s) used
Etrac and Ace 350 and a Gold Bug now.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I got was a rock. Was slow but that is a nice find.You sure that didn't fall out of your pocket.

Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I clean it with silver polish or just leave it tarnished? Does it matter I will never sell it but it is pretty dark?

Nice find. Do not use silver polish on it, that's no good. There are much better ways. I would do the tinfoil method, it's not abrasive like any kind of polish.

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try it thanks for the great info. I will re-post pictures after the cleaning.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your coin to enjoy. I found 1921 morgan dollar today we both had good days Post pics after cleaning good job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread