Slow today today but 1 good find

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pretty bad chest cold right now but cant stop metal detecting in the cold. It is a bit windy and chilly here in shippensburg today. I went out for about half hour dug 6 stinkin lincolns but not all were bad. Found me another Wheat this time 1940. I now have 1929 1925 1940 and 1945 wheat cents from my own yard haha. Sorry its no gem for you guys but i love these wheats

CAM_0567.JPG CAM_0568.JPG

Upvote 3

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a gem to me! Good save and nice to be able to add one to your growing collection!

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck yeah! I love finding the Wheaties too.

Garrett GTI 1500

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with finding wheats. It's a good sign, and some of them are over 100 years old already. :icon_thumleft:
Congrats,
MM

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all have slow days.But thats a real good find.Congrats.HH.

OP
OP
Beeps in my sleep

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! My house was built around 1900 which would explain all the old wheats and other odds and ends I have posted like the 1932 washington hatchet pin. Any coin older than mid 1900s I am happy with. And the newer ones pay for my batteries haha! But thanks again for the compliments treasurenet friends :hello:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice addition to your collection! Gotta love the Wheaties! H Digs!

fishguy

Jun 20, 2013
Little River, SC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always get excited when I find a wheatie with the idea that if somebody was dropping change in the 1909-1958 time span maybe a dime, quarter, or more eluded the owners pockets, and I may score some nice silver. Once I find a wheatie on a sight I will start digging more questionable tones in hopes to grab those deeper heavier coins. Sometimes it pays off, mostly not but it does tell me there is a chance of silver nearby when you find that copper date stamped time capsule. Great find and keep searching that yard. I dug ALOT of wheat pennies out of mine thinking I found everything and then started pulling indian cents and a few dimes out of the dirt. In fact I have paid for my detector (fisher f2) just in lost change and jewelry in my own 2 acre yard. Well that is if I sold any of my finds and didn't horde them in boxes like a troll. BTW your avatar cracks me up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread