Sluice mats

AKSasquatch

Jul 17, 2021
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you mean is there anything better than dream mat or Goldhog? or which is better?
I have a Goldhog Piglet that seems to do well.

OP
OP
D

Don Barton

Mar 27, 2022
Did you mean is there anything better than dream mat or Goldhog? or which is better?
I have a Goldhog Piglet that seems to do well.
Thank you yeah I got a Goldhog River sluice and Goldhog Raptor Flare they catch gold I just see other people using different mats but these Goldhog mats are proven to catch gold thanks for the reply

AKSasquatch

Jul 17, 2021
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read they seem to be pretty comparable. Only way to tell for sure would be to put a section at the very end of the Raptor and see if you are catching more or less gold in that section in several controlled tests. Think the difference is small enough that variables on material, feed speed, water flow, type of gold make it hard to tell.

OP
OP
D

Don Barton

Mar 27, 2022
From what I've read they seem to be pretty comparable. Only way to tell for sure would be to put a section at the very end of the Raptor and see if you are catching more or less gold in that section in several controlled tests. Think the difference is small enough that variables on material, feed speed, water flow, type of gold make it hard to tell.
Thank you for the reply

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Back when I was dredging ,I brought with me several different riffle set up plus different mats / screens for the different streams and gold sizes /shapes in different states I dredged in. When traveling around the Country like I did it only made sense to "be prepared" for what ever happens rather that only wish I had brought it along !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread