Sluicing in Jim Thorpe

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 4-5 Hrs Near Jim Thorpe,in the Big Creek.Next to the Northeast Turnpike......
Nice Aria to spend few hours,but no Black Sand,no Gold of any kind.Lots of Quarts,some are so big,I could not move tham.
That Angus McKirk sluice was singing to me,,,,,,feed me------feed me........
Love that little thing.
It really is a shame,I could spend a hole day there.....Or two.
Hope you enjoy the photos.......

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_1546.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 401
  • IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 460

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Great place good photos thanks, :icon_thumright: I you find color soon I have been up Willard Canyon panning and I took my sluice just like you very fine gold but the run off got bad so i will have to wait untill it stops the you met your boot i will be up there trying good luck have fun.
Walt

SCBUZZ

Mar 27, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
actually talked to Angus McKirk himself today on the phone . Had to ask him some questions about his suggestion for a sluice for my dredge I'm building. Very nice man and very willing to help. I recommend him for that reason only . We need more people willing to talk directly to there customers.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the pictures. Sluice looks good, nice choice getting that brand. Keep at it, and it will pay off eventually!

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys........
We will be going to New Jersey,going to a Quarry,with the GPA.....Hope I can set up My sluice agen.....
Yes,I got several Emails from Mr Angus,and yes,he is a nice guy,he answered all my Emails.....
I'm very Happy with the sluice....
I guess I will be in the right Place at the right time.....And than I will find something.......
Later

NJguy99

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2012
nj
Primary Interest:
Other
Spent 4-5 Hrs Near Jim Thorpe,in the Big Creek.Next to the Northeast Turnpike......
Nice Aria to spend few hours,but no Black Sand,no Gold of any kind.Lots of Quarts,some are so big,I could not move tham.
That Angus McKirk sluice was singing to me,,,,,,feed me------feed me........
Love that little thing.
It really is a shame,I could spend a hole day there.....Or two.
Hope you enjoy the photos.......

What is the exact name of the river?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread