goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you may need to slow down on the feed rate just a bit but since you're using it as a re-circ system you can experiment with the flow and angles as well and still re-run the tailings. That is one thing I love about re-circ systems! It's easy to try different settings without fear of loosing gold.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like you have good water flow. Maybe increase the angle a bit steeper and just let it run longer. IHMO

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
By looking at your pictures it may help you to settle out the tailings by staging your water. I run a 5 gallon bucket inside a 25 gallon container. Use the 5 gallon bucket to catch and disposer he tailings. If your pump is submerged mount it up high the bigger container so the clay will settle out. I don't think this will help your problem but to will keep your water cleaner.

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i think it just where im getting my material. i wish i could keep it clean.

Attachments

• image-2174407278.jpg
    image-2174407278.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 114

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
That picture shows your setup nicely. Disregard my post it looks like you've got it handled.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not enough flow

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
found this in my first 5gallon bucket!

Attachments

• image-1534878957.jpg
    image-1534878957.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 113

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keeping water clean is not something that's easy to do around here. Between the soil and the small pieces of plant matter that are mixed up in it it's darn near impossible. I ended up making a box for my pumps out of 1/4 hardware cloth covered with window screen. It hangs on the edge of the tank and does a really good job of keeping the nasty stuff out of the pumps. I have had it start floating when the window screen gets coated with crud. I just scrape it off and get back to running materials.

Every time I dump the tailings bucket I top the system back off. The additional water helps to keep it so the pumps aren't trying to move mud.

PLEASE tell us that wasn't the ONLY piece ya found in that bucket Tweeta!

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
well it wasnt really a full five gallon bucket. no i found a few more smaller pieces. oh ive only been doing this for less than a yr steady.

Attachments

• image-585345109.jpg
    image-585345109.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 109

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure that your slope is not high enough. I believe your slope should be at about 2" for every 12" the sluice is, in length.

Last edited:

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
slow your water pressure down until the V closes short of the black mat. you can then increase or decrease your angle until your riffles hold just heavies and spread out across.

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So in conclusion, higher slope and lower flow? I have an A52 a friend gave me, and want to use it as a recirc too. My pump is a sump pump that runs 3000 gph, sounds like I should build in a valve to attenuate the flow.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well it wasnt really a full five gallon bucket. no i found a few more smaller pieces. oh ive only been doing this for less than a yr steady.

Well there you go. You must be doing it right, whatever you are doing. Good job

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So in conclusion, higher slope and lower flow? I have an A52 a friend gave me, and want to use it as a recirc too. My pump is a sump pump that runs 3000 gph, sounds like I should build in a valve to attenuate the flow.

LOL With 3000 GPH you could ALMOST run that thing flat Jesse! A valve would be a very good idea but like I told Tweeta, experiment with different flows and angles to find what works best for you. Everything in the sluice plays a part in how you have to have it adjusted for best recovery. Change one thing and the entire setup can change. Simply going from Flat to Hungarian style riffles will make a huge difference in how much water you need going through the box.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi tweeta,
After looking at your video and pictures what I think is building in front of the riffles is magnatite and hematite. That is natural. The build up isn't excessive. By the looks of the video you have it set perfect. 1" per foot drop is correct for a controled setup. On a creek you would have to fiddle with settings. Your material should clear the black mat in 15 to 30 seconds. If faster than that flow is too fast, if longer flow is too slow. Same applies on the creek only then drop may come into play as creeks aren't a controled setting.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread