Sluicing this weekend Placerville area!!!

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab

Attachments

• DSC03174.JPG
    DSC03174.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 691
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Ya like he said, the floating sluice w/big hose, no no officer its a floating sluice with a big hose not a dredge and get these cuffs off me. :dontknow:

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Gravelwasher said:
Headed out in the Placerville area with my sluice this weekend as long as the weather holds up. Anybody else planning on wetting their sluice this weekend? Lots of au to you all!!

Where you going and when? I live in the area.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Camino i had a few pm's with Gravel washer told him to hit you up man im sure missin my saturday Sundays off right now i hate goin by myself.....all our names start with J.....funny........get Tuesday after M.L.K. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.Tell the boss you have the fever and the only cure is to dig...........

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Gravelwasher said:
Ya like he said, the floating sluice w/big hose, no no officer its a floating sluice with a big hose not a dredge and get these cuffs off me. :dontknow:
:icon_pirat: Gravelwasher, no worries, dredging is only a misdemeanor. Although I have seen guys in court for other offenses get told to stay off the national forest for a certain period of time. That would suck.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hey guys,

My boss knows I have the bug I show him little vials of gold and he laughs sometimes, hes served some time in Alaska in the air force and saw bigger gold so he chuckles a little at my small flakes, but he wants to know where I got my pickers, I want a raise too I tell him, back to laughin.
Only a misdemeanor for dredging... with a fine $1k I here and up to a year in jail and they can strait kick you out of the national forest for life I hear. Doesn't sound like they are playin at all, oh ya and your floating sluice doesn't even have to be in the water just within 100 yards. Sure wish we could dredge at least with a small 5 inch or so. Sure would be easier on the back for moving material. Anyone ever here of a brushless electric motor set up that would be kinda green for the enviro and quite as all could be?
Sent camino a pm, hope to hear from you in time to arrange a little prospecting for the weekend.

Attachments

• DSC03139.JPG
    DSC03139.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC03139.JPG
    DSC03139.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 581

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 different bodies a law, the state no dredgn' and the Forest Circus what is dredgn'??? FS cops have NOT enforced state law but MUST enforce federal law and this new EPA report coming out will be the last nail in the dredgn' coffin forever more-John

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Sounds serious but I don't understand completely what you are referring to, I thought we were going to get recreational dredging back because the feds are ok with it but the state isn't, is that changing? I want the chance to dredge Ca those you know whats are messin with my pursuit of happiness.Sorry for my ignorance in advance, just want to make sure I understand your point. Thanks Gravelwasher

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, the new EPA twist to the State Dredge Controversy. :help: :help:
Don't coffins float? maybe enough to hold a sluice and a pretty decent size hose? :laughing7:
I don't think the EPA would mind as long as there were no decaying dead bodies in those coffins.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Sure would be nice to vacuum instead of diggin holes, cant dig as fast as the water fills it back in. Just my luck the year I want to dredge is the year they stop it. If they only knew how much lead was in the river they would let us suck it out and put a ban on fishing with lead. Maybe I went off the deep end sorry...lol
Went off digin holes again today, met Camino chaos and his Bro, Nice folks. Had a great time washin gravel and saw some au too although at one time it was more like a snipe hunt didn't see much au at all. Well one more spot off the list of places I want to sample. Really glad I got out and met some nice people who enjoy diggin too. Good Gold to you all....Oh ya I will post a pick from when I get the cons panned out, judging from the pan of cons I sampled you all wont believe we were in the gold country from the amount of au recovered.
Gravelwasher

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
This weekend was a blast!! Meeting some locals who enjoy sluicing as much as I do was great!! Went to a new spot to meet with CaminoChaos that we had never been to. Found a little au but with three of us out there camino his bro and I, we should have hit something if it was there. I found 3 trees, about 30 years old judging from size, they all fell over together and were partially in the creek so they tilted up a nice patch of clays and gravels and rocks all in the roots, i got a good 4 five gallon trips out of it and not much to show. Day number two Camino and I met up at one of my winter sampling spots were I could only get to one spot because of how high the water was and I had only been there twice before. Well today the water was down just enough to get in to a few more spots and pick a place to wash the gravel. Camino did good hit some chunky flakes right off the bat on bedrock. I did ok mainly fines but a few nice colors . I have some crappy pics, my camera wanted new batteries and I did not have any on hand. Let me know what you think guys as to quantity or colors found for 10-12 five gallon buckets classified with a 1/2 inch???? Lots a luck to you all!!! Gravelwasher

Attachments

• 1st pan.JPG
    1st pan.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 504
  • 1st pan o concentrate.JPG
    1st pan o concentrate.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 490
  • 2nd pan (2).JPG
    2nd pan (2).JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 510
  • 4th pan final.JPG
    4th pan final.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 506
  • 3rd pan.JPG
    3rd pan.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 495
  • 3rd pan o.JPG
    3rd pan o.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 507
  • 1st pan  (2).JPG
    1st pan (2).JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 492
  • 1st pan.JPG
    1st pan.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 503
  • 1st pan o concentrate.JPG
    1st pan o concentrate.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 505
  • 2nd pan.JPG
    2nd pan.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 485
  • 2nd pan (2).JPG
    2nd pan (2).JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 3rd pan.JPG
    3rd pan.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 491
  • 3rd pan o.JPG
    3rd pan o.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 499
  • 4th pan final.JPG
    4th pan final.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 499

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Gravelwasher said:
This weekend was a blast!! Meeting some locals who enjoy sluicing as much as I do was great!! Went to a new spot to meet with CaminoChaos that we had never been to. Found a little au but with three of us out there camino his bro and I, we should have hit something if it was there. I found 3 trees, about 30 years old judging from size, they all fell over together and were partially in the creek so they tilted up a nice patch of clays and gravels and rocks all in the roots, i got a good 4 five gallon trips out of it and not much to show. Day number two Camino and I met up at one of my winter sampling spots were I could only get to one spot because of how high the water was and I had only been there twice before. Well today the water was down just enough to get in to a few more spots and pick a place to wash the gravel. Camino did good hit some chunky flakes right off the bat on bedrock. I did ok mainly fines but a few nice colors . I have some crappy pics, my camera wanted new batteries and I did not have any on hand. Let me know what you think guys as to quantity or colors found for 10-12 five gallon buckets classified with a 1/2 inch???? Lots a luck to you all!!! Gravelwasher

Nice color Gravel. I got home last night with a house full of guest and a early bedtime due to a 4:30 work shift. I will run my cons tonight and post a picture so we know what spot to hit. My fingers and toes were so damn frozen by the 2nd spot I couldn't tell what I was grabbing in those crevices.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Sounds like you guys had fun. I was out freezing in it yesterday, same deal with frozen fingers + toes too. Any gold is good gold in my book as long as the weathers fair, but in this weather the gold has to be real nice to get me to keep at it for more then a couple hours. :thumbsup:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the fact that we can do some research and head five miles (or way less :headbang:) out of town say "i bet if we dig here we'll get sumthin" a and then do is sweet and makes us lucky fellas :icon_thumright: wish i could head out with you guys well make it happen.....hows next Tuesday lookin Camino???????? im headin out tomorrow no matter what even if it is still so cold :laughing9: im too Jealous. Might go to spot B as I've only explored there I'll see if i can find where you guys were diggin and do some more sampling nearby..........we'll hit it guys if theres flood gold in the gravels like we get....and those flakes down on the bedrock then its just a matter of time before we figure out the paylayers/paystreaks...ill let you know what i come up with.

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
pvillehunter said:
the fact that we can do some research and head five miles (or way less :headbang:) out of town say "i bet if we dig here we'll get sumthin" a and then do is sweet and makes us lucky fellas :icon_thumright: wish i could head out with you guys well make it happen.....hows next Tuesday lookin Camino???????? im headin out tomorrow no matter what even if it is still so cold :laughing9: im too Jealous. Might go to spot B as I've only explored there I'll see if i can find where you guys were diggin and do some more sampling nearby..........we'll hit it guys if theres flood gold in the gravels like we get....and those flakes down on the bedrock then its just a matter of time before we figure out the paylayers/paystreaks...ill let you know what i come up with.

Yeah we are definately on for next tuesday. Got the day off and the kids will be at school.

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Caminochaos said:
pvillehunter said:

Yeah we are definately on for next tuesday. Got the day off and the kids will be at school. You see gravel and I were. across from the downstream side of the hydrolic. You'll see the crevising I did and the holes Gravel dug. Don't go to far you'll be on private property.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Honestly after how hard we worked this weekend I didn't think I was going to pan the cons but after dinner about eight o'clock my curiosity got the best of me even with how cold it was. I know I saw some good flakes in Camino's v matt, cant wait to see how the final pans came out.
Pvillehunter I want to go so bad Tuesday my stomach is already starting to hurt..lol. Take a look at the gravel/old river bed just up stream and on the opposite side from the holes we dug. The deposit looks good lots of discs of rounded quartz and a overall white color to the deposit as apposed to the red or blue gravels. Let me know what ya think.
Anyone else here make it out prospecting last week, love to see or hear about it, find any nuggets,need help diggin? The search is on! :headbang:
Good gold to you all Gravelwasher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread