Sluicing using a super gold sucker

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many times when I go out sluicing, I will use my 3 inch super gold sucker to directly feed my sluice.

I have the bottom of an old shopping cart that I set at the head of the sluice, then I will put a 1/2 inch classifier on top of that. I just dump the material from the super sucker into the classifier, and give it a shake, rinse, and then dump the material.

Here is a picture of my la trap setup next to a hole I was working. The hole is to the left, you can see the tails from my classifier to the right.

Here is the hole. You can see my 5 foot digging bar in the back.

This creek is loaded with rocks and boulders. What I will do is use a shovel till I get below the waterline, then start using the super gold sucker.

This is the typical amount of material( shown in my blue proline gold pan) that the 3 inch super gold sucker will suck up per stroke, after loosening the material with my digging bar.

This is the oversize in the 1/2 inch classifier after shaking and rinsing.

If you have 2 people working the sluice like this, one gathering and dumping material, and another tending the sluice, you can process a lot of material quickly.

Here is my la trap sluice loaded up with black sand.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice setup!!

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a little gold, on the right side of pan. This is with an older camera.

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some gold in vial, easier to see. All came from Cajon Creek, mostly using my super suckers and a sluice.

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this same creek I have seen prospectors shoveling from the bottom of a hole underwater, and getting some gold. But getting more gold out of the same hole when they started using a gold sucker.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those little bottle come in MREs, I love them for gold vials!

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the things I like about using a super gold sucker when sluicing is the freedom of movement you have, without fear of losing material.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread