Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was found at a place where a 1900 house is really close to a site dating from about 1790s to very early 1800s. It was found near a 1790s button but the occupation period was very short so the number of artifacts from that site are quite slim. Does this date to the earlier or later site (leaning toward later but IDK)? Thanks.
IMG_3067.JPG
I did attach it to my post about the button I found but didn't get any responses after that so I figured I'd give it it's own post.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think you can narrow it down. It's not fancy, and it's a universal shape, ladies belt, machine stamped metal, IMO. Latter half 1900's or newer, I think. One man's opinion.

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to agree with Kray & Mr. Kellam, your buckle is too small to be horse harness related when compared to the IH. :icon_scratch:
I'm thinking utilitarian, possibly a clothing related buckle from the early-20thc.

The IH 'Fatty' with 4 holes is an interesting find though, possibly repurposed as a small 'Whizzer' child's toy. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all! I appreciate the feedback, I guess I'll just have to keep hitting this site until I find an old one... that's too bad. :laughing7:
I have to agree with Kray & Mr. Kellam, your buckle is too small to be horse harness related when compared to the IH. :icon_scratch:
I'm thinking utilitarian, possibly a clothing related buckle from the early-20thc.

The IH 'Fatty' with 4 holes is an interesting find though, possibly repurposed as a small 'Whizzer' child's toy. :thumbsup:
I found that at an 1880s(I think) house last december, it's actually an 1864-L! I just pulled it out of my display case because it was the first coin I saw when I was taking the picture.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread