small cache?

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
OK this seems weired to me.. i was working a small 8x10 patch of uncovered ground behind my house, the rest is still cover in so, so any way...i had found a few scattered Penny's then i got a reading that bounced around from dime to penny..so i dug, i found a stack of 6 coins with a couple of dimes and pennies..thought it was great so i kept scanning. about 2 feet away i got the same reading again...so i started digging then my boy (he's 4) hollers out "we found buried treasure". i brushed the dirt away and sure enough laying on it side was a stack of 18 coins, only one quarter but the rest were dimes and only 2-3 pennies. total haul was about 1.40 . just seems odd that the coins were stacked like that, no sign of paper or plastic they may have been in...and i still have the rest of the yard and front yard to do...house was built in 1926 so I'm sure theres more out there!!!!! Serb

Upvote 0
OP
OP
serb535

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
very hard t make out i cleaned with soap and water and a tooth brush, but one dime i could read was about 196? the quater was a 1992 looks to be mostly currant stuff but i'll take it just the same!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Like a piggy bank in the yard.? Cool!

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
I agree with True_Metal. Sounds like kids buried them. About two years ago I found 145 Lincoln Memorial cents in the same hole in my son's backyard in Plano, Texas. They were buried next to a swing set that was left there by the previous owner. I guessed that they were put there by the previous owner's kids. Like you said, however they got there, I'll take them!
Good luck.
BRD

OP
OP
serb535

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
thanks all...

TL my son and i have a ball together, it breaks up the cabin fever we all have, and we both like to be outdoors.......serb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread