small change

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
small change

searched some pennies, nickles and dimes yesterday since halfs were scarce. i stopped just before closing at one bank and picked up $10.00 in pennies, $40.00 in nickles, and $40.00 in dimes....i know its a small amount compared to what some of you search ...but i think i did pretty well for such a small amount.
the 10 bucks in pennies didn't yeild much ....i got 7 wheaties(2 of which look like they came out of the ground) and 1 Canadian
1952d
1971 Canadian
the nickles fared better
3 Buffalo nickles
1-no date
2 war nickles
1943p
1944p
28 pre 1960's ranging from 1940-1960
1999 Canadian
think i did well on the dimes also despite 3 of the rolls were all 2007p mint rolls...i kept one of those....all were skunks except for the lone handroll....it yielded 2 silvers
overall i,d say it wasn't a bad day and you can be sure i'll be doing plenty more "small change" in the future...HH

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: small change

Nice - I'd head back there ASAP and buy all the coins you can get. :thumbsup: You may have hit some old rolls laying around for a while. Especially the nickels and dimes as those are above average returns and implies a possible coin jar dump or better yet old collection dumped.

Maine_Jim

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

Good job. That is some awesome rolls of coins. I sure would go back and get more. Those are better totals than I get on most boxes.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

S

seger98

Yeah, get back there monday morning & get everything you can get, with those stats, you should just call in sick for work and go to the bank!

Chris

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome totals, go back ASAP!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

Nice - I'd head back there ASAP and buy all the coins you can get. You may have hit some old rolls laying around for a while. Especially the nickels and dimes as those are above average returns and implies a possible coin jar dump or better yet old collection dumped.

Maine_Jim
i think i got all of the hand rolled stuff....there was only one out of the eight in dimes....all the pennys were CWI machine rolls...and the nickles maybe 8 rolls were handrolls.....2 of the Buffs came out of CWI rolls...if you can believe that...thanks for the reply Jim
Good job. That is some awesome rolls of coins. I sure would go back and get more. Those are better totals than I get on most boxes.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
thanks for the reply Jason....you can bet i'll be back for more soon :thumbsup:
Yeah, get back there monday morning & get everything you can get, with those stats, you should just call in sick for work and go to the bank!

Chris
i'm off all week ;D....gone back to that bank and all others nearby.
as a side note i did pick uparound $20.00 worth of halfs in dribs and drabs but all skunks ....so this morning before visiting relatives i hit a few others for halfs and found around $45.00 worth....the 4 rolls were dumps as they were the yellow machine rolls with a black asterisk on them and all hand been rerolled....i think there are a few silver hunters in the area near my home, but after todays finds i think they stick mainly to halfs....i'll let you guys know how i make out on future "small change" hunts :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread