EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I"m posting these simple finds, to whet the appetite of those not able to go out yet.
There's nothing here to make you jealous, just to keep your hopes up, warm weather is
coming... sometime.

Feb 9th page.jpg

I went out with a Collector01 and another friend on the 60 degree day.. T-Shirts!!! AHHhhh.
We didn't find too much, hit one of my spots and one of his. I got the spade padlock front at the
first place and the thimble and oil lamp part at the second. (Plume & Atwood Co.) What I did find was another friend who loves the
history and that's a rare find.

Then I went yesterday, in my leather coat this time, and it was a good thing.
I just hit places I have already hunted pretty well in town, close to home.
The first, I found the IH. Nice shape too.
The second, I found the Dog tags, buckle and buttons. But, I didn't let the homeowner know I was in her backyard. Not knowing I was there, she let out the dogs. I was attacked by four of the biggest dogs I've ever seen, and bitten by one of them on my wrist -
that's why it was good to have leather on. But teeth still went through... Big Dogs! whew! Got out OK.. but MAN!
Lesson # 1 - ALWAYS let them know you're there! (especially if they have carnivores)
Went to a third site after some quick first aid and found that neat lead seal. My first of those.
I'm not sure what it sealed. Anyone else know? I did find the Monogram or Company Cipher crossed H's, but no Co. info.

Upvote 13

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice digs E.S.M,this past weekend was really nice here too,I think it hit around 60 or so here.Can't believe I actually broke a sweat.Hang in there Northerners,things will be back to normal soon, with you guys showing us Southerners some of those sweet old coins finds and such:thumbsup:-HH

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat finds. Wish I could've gotten out on that warm day but it was a no go.

I'm sorry you missed that one, It was SPRING.. Lots of times, it's miserable until I work, then it's beautiful. I got blessed this time. However, I work tomorrow and then Sunday which is supposed to be in the teens here! I might be able to get out Thursday tho- in the forties, practically balmy. but now I need some new colonial spots. ;)

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice digs E.S.M,this past weekend was really nice here too,I think it hit around 60 or so here.Can't believe I actually broke a sweat.Hang in there Northerners,things will be back to normal soon, with you guys showing us Southerners some of those sweet old coins finds and such:thumbsup:-HH

We really have had it much milder than our NE friends. I think I got a sunburn on the back of my neck... lol

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We really have had it much milder than our NE friends. I think I got a sunburn on the back of my neck... lol
I know, it has been a very mild winter so far "knock on wood"red neck:laughing7:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes they are nice finds!, you guys that can get out are KILLING me, im like the dogs in the pen at the spca when you walk by them they bark, cry, beg etc....., when you guys post, I cry, wish, hope, etc..... lol!!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going CRAZY! I've done so much research and have a list of sites as long as my arm. If spring ever comes look out. I am going to take a week off and dig 8 hours a day. It's been so cold here and just won't stop snowing. I've never seen anything like it. We've got snow banks that are 20' high. No end in sight. I can only research so much. At least I'm gonna send in my machine for an upgrade next week. And buy a coin microscope tomorrow. This is what my sad life has been reduced to. Keep the posts coming buddy. I need you guys right now lol.
image.jpg

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Quit your crying Abe and go look at your beautiful finds at 50x magnification! Look at the leaves on your pine tree and think of spring buddy. Were down to about 5" of permafrost here so come south if you feel like The Shining

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love those dog tags and the IH penny. Nice variety of finds. Great job!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job, ESM. I think it would be VERY boring for us up here if we didn't have you guys as the halftime entertainment, lol. J/k...maybe[emoji1]

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit your crying Abe and go look at your beautiful finds at 50x magnification! Look at the leaves on your pine tree and think of spring buddy. Were down to about 5" of permafrost here so come south if you feel like The Shining

You and George let me know when the digging is good and I'll be headed south brother. And hey you really think I just around and look at my coins? Ok you're right! Who told you that lol

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I bet you really upset the owner when there dog bit you. They are probably scared to death that your going to sue them. Seems like anymore nowadays its the great american dream, a real opportunity. I bet that was a little on the scary side?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you mean "... nothing here to make you jealous..."?

I would ask that you reevaluate that statement immediately sir, I am fairly sure that I am jealous of the IHC, the acorn dog tag and well... maybe that spade lock cover too.

Sorry to hear that you got dog bit.
GL&HH!

Oh Yeah.. I'm jealous of your nice pics with notations and scales too!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You and George let me know when the digging is good and I'll be headed south brother. And hey you really think I just around and look at my coins? Ok you're right! Who told you that lol

Abe I was just chatting on the phone with George last night. Come thaw we'll definitely plan a hunt. I'm dying to test out a program Vino gave me for my zapper but for now there's no thaw in sight.

This weeks lows in my town: Wed 9, Thurs 9, Fri 13, Sat 1, Sun 9.....

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you could squeeze in a hunt Chris. Looks like you made some nice recoveries, although I'm sure you would've liked to have dug some of the colonial variety.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes they are nice finds!, you guys that can get out are KILLING me, im like the dogs in the pen at the spca when you walk by them they bark, cry, beg etc....., when you guys post, I cry, wish, hope, etc..... lol!!!!

Thanks, and I understand how you feel.
and I love dogs, I'm a dog guy.. but don't talk to me about dogs right now. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am going CRAZY! I've done so much research and have a list of sites as long as my arm. If spring ever comes look out. I am going to take a week off and dig 8 hours a day. It's been so cold here and just won't stop snowing. I've never seen anything like it. We've got snow banks that are 20' high. No end in sight. I can only research so much. At least I'm gonna send in my machine for an upgrade next week. And buy a coin microscope tomorrow. This is what my sad life has been reduced to. Keep the posts coming buddy. I need you guys right now lol.
View attachment 1118174

It's for you all I posted those lil things. (although for those who haven't found an IH yet, I guess it could be a big thing.) (I didn't think about that) I feel for you, I really do. If I can't go for just two days, I start going into withdraws. I have been doing a lot of research on the bad days - not as many bad as where you are. But now, I have to travel around and start getting permissions on the places I think might be promising.
Get out the microscope! When I can't go, I do the same, I have big garbage cans full of junk I've pulled out, I go through them looking to see if I missed anything, like a tiny pc. of cut silver!! lol

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love those dog tags and the IH penny. Nice variety of finds. Great job!

Thanks Beez. Oh, I do too. Don't get me wrong. They are neat finds to me for sure. I keep finding that acorn Tag everywhere, so I really liked finding the 1920 "badge" tag. It's funny, I have 3 1919's too, just round, but nothing before and nothing all the way up to 1958 for the next one. Go figure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread